Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate Feeling So Lonely
I really sometimes wish i could just be happy to be alone. From my life experience i have been hurt more times then i wish to count and i find it very hard to trust people around me because of it.

In truth most of the time i prefer being alone without the complication of other people but i find there are those times when the social need peeks its head and these are moments i really hate.

Don't get me wrong i am not saying i do not enjoy contact with people via things such as this forum for example I have always felt more comfortable talking to people online then face to face.

What i mean is those moments when i am sitting at home alone and my mind says 'right i want you to find a friend to go out and have a coffee with or something'. I don't have any friends like that. Most people i know live miles and miles away and its those moments i hate so much.

I'm sorry i am rambling and i don't really know what point it is i am trying to make just wanted to vent some feelings i guess.

Although i do have one question.

If you had the choice to remove the 'lonely' gene from your brain would you? Now i'm not saying you wouldn't be able to enjoy love or company for other people but just that if you choose to sit at home and not want to see anyone for days, weeks, months... in the end that loneliness wouldn't come and creep up on you like a hit from a truck?
'Even the Devil May Cry when he looks around Hell and realises that he's there Alone'

[Image: 970452_459048977519548_895198514_n.jpg]
I understand what you mean. It can be an awful feeling. As for your question, I think my brain is already messed up enough; it doesn't need any more tinkering :p
(06-02-2013, 01:15 AM)*Sammy* Wrote: I really sometimes wish i could just be happy to be alone. From my life experience i have been hurt more times then i wish to count and i find it very hard to trust people around me because of it.

In truth most of the time i prefer being alone without the complication of other people but i find there are those times when the social need peeks its head and these are moments i really hate.

Don't get me wrong i am not saying i do not enjoy contact with people via things such as this forum for example I have always felt more comfortable talking to people online then face to face.

What i mean is those moments when i am sitting at home alone and my mind says 'right i want you to find a friend to go out and have a coffee with or something'. I don't have any friends like that. Most people i know live miles and miles away and its those moments i hate so much.

I'm sorry i am rambling and i don't really know what point it is i am trying to make just wanted to vent some feelings i guess.

Although i do have one question.

If you had the choice to remove the 'lonely' gene from your brain would you? Now i'm not saying you wouldn't be able to enjoy love or company for other people but just that if you choose to sit at home and not want to see anyone for days, weeks, months... in the end that loneliness wouldn't come and creep up on you like a hit from a truck?

I know the feeling. I moved away for school a little under a year ago, leaving behind many close friends. I've made a few friends/acquaintances here, but its still mostly surface, nothing that deep. And with the summer, most people have gone home. So, it gets pretty quiet.

Usually I try to keep myself busy with reading, occasional video games, television, playing guitar, going on walks (though I admit, a few of the stuff on the list are more time-wasters than anything else haha), but you're right, the loneliness does surface up at times.
I wouldn't want to. I'd rather be alone than hang around and be like them mainstream people. I'd rather do my own thing.. people waste time too much by gossiping or going to unnecessary places when together. I don't like that.
As great as no loneliness (and brain surgery!) sounds, I think I'd pass. I've gotten pretty bored with myself.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
(06-02-2013, 02:28 AM)ladyforsaken Wrote: I wouldn't want to. I'd rather be alone than hang around and be like them mainstream people. I'd rather do my own thing.. people waste time too much by gossiping or going to unnecessary places when together. I don't like that.

Interesting... let's say, hypothetically, if a bunch of people with the same mindset/interests as you came together... how do you think you all will act as a group?
(06-02-2013, 02:59 AM)hye345 Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 02:28 AM)ladyforsaken Wrote: I wouldn't want to. I'd rather be alone than hang around and be like them mainstream people. I'd rather do my own thing.. people waste time too much by gossiping or going to unnecessary places when together. I don't like that.

Interesting... let's say, hypothetically, if a bunch of people with the same mindset/interests as you came together... how do you think you all will act as a group?

Probably be doing our own thing. If it's a group task, I'd probably try to keep it together and try to get along with the others.
I also hate feeling so lonely but I can't say if I would want my lonely gene removed. I've never thought about it before. It does sound nice though... to not have that terrible lonely feeling where you don't even know what to do with yourself.
I'd like to think that there's a balance, because I don't like to feel lonely, and on the flip side I wouldn't like to feel as though I had to rely on someone to feel comfortable or happy.

So 50/50.
[Image: 2vj1q3q.jpg]
Interesting thoughts, thanks all for the responses makes me ponder a couple things i hadn't thought of myself gonna go think some more about it.
'Even the Devil May Cry when he looks around Hell and realises that he's there Alone'

[Image: 970452_459048977519548_895198514_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Married but lonely. So1itaire 18 745 03-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  I am a muslim , and i hate this religion Tobakki3 5 443 03-18-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: LittleCrow
  suicidal and lonely after losing first love michaelmyers24 23 4,105 03-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Scams That Prey On the Lonely Minus 72 79,817 02-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Anyone else hate family gatherings? Ridin Solo 38 54,215 02-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Am I lonely? Obunga 7 499 01-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Last Post: RexieSF7
  Married and Lonely seeking friends tangy002 47 81,510 01-16-2019, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Itschucky
  Feeling Lonely and Lost / Advices unknownj 10 805 01-13-2019, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Know One
  Lonely because of your principles Serenia 43 2,293 12-27-2018, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  True or False: Lonely people flock to the Internet Azariah 10 1,753 12-16-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: ardour