I Hate Feeling So Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you might be right Young, just did the test and got:

ISTJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(12%) Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I very much prefer to stay at home and watch a film or read then go to a party. But there is the odd occasion maybe say 1 a month where i would like to be invited out and feel like i belong to a social group. But that's the problem it would be for only 1 night then i wold be quite happy to be alone again for a few weeks where as a lot of people don't understand that they think 'oh why arn't you coming out with us every week'. Bah complicated.

Ah i watched Silver Linings Playbook with my mum a few weeks ago really enjoyed it. **** that Ocean how dare it be in your way! lol

Baka said:
Just speaking for myself, I would say that we would get along really well, mainly because we would understand each other. That used to be my main problem with my "normal" friends. None of them could understand that I sometimes just felt like doing stuff alone and being alone. I can't handle people around me all the time, not at work and definitely not at home.

Most people don't get that though. They can't or won't accept the fact that someone wants to do things alone. It's like you being a loner is a personal insult to them or something. That's why some of those people would actually pick on or bully a quiet or secluded person, despite the fact that he/she is practically invisible. It's insane!

I totally get you, Baka.

*Sammy* said:
^^ This completely i have wanted this all my life since i settled in England with my family in 1997 i have never been the person that people would call on for a night out. I would have killed for someone to give me a call tonight and ask to go out for a drink. I even tried calling a few people but they didn't answer or were too busy.

Aww, Sammy, you seem like a really cool person to hang out with. If I was nearer, I'd totally take you up on that! Be nice to have someone to hang out with, without me having to behave a certain way. I'd just like to hang out with someone and just be myself. Not gonna happen though, until I move out of here.

*Sammy* said:
Looks like you might be right Young, just did the test and got:

ISTJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(12%) Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I very much prefer to stay at home and watch a film or read then go to a party. But there is the odd occasion maybe say 1 a month where i would like to be invited out and feel like i belong to a social group. But that's the problem it would be for only 1 night then i wold be quite happy to be alone again for a few weeks where as a lot of people don't understand that they think 'oh why arn't you coming out with us every week'. Bah complicated.

Ah i watched Silver Linings Playbook with my mum a few weeks ago really enjoyed it. **** that Ocean how dare it be in your way! lol

Hey wow you're really on the border for those last two, I haven't seen that before. So sometimes you like being with people but at the same time you feel like you need to just be with yourself to "recharge"? Yea, if there's one way to be lonely, it's definitely the introvert way. For me, whenever I'm alone I wish I were with people, but then as soon as I'm with them, I just feel like taking off. But I think that's because I end up with people who I don't fit too well with. I can never figure out why I feel like I just don't match other people. Do I have some way of thinking about myself and others that is totally off, or am I just soo different...? *sigh*

(Btw how was the movie? I put mine off until tomorrow and watched Big Bang Theory :p)

ladyforsaken said:
Aww, Sammy, you seem like a really cool person to hang out with. If I was nearer, I'd totally take you up on that! Be nice to have someone to hang out with, without me having to behave a certain way. I'd just like to hang out with someone and just be myself. Not gonna happen though, until I move out of here.

Yeah i know what you mean about not being yourself, if on the odd occasion once in a blue moon i do go out with people i feel the same as Young i just wanna leave because i don't feel like i fit in. Everyone is so happy with their lives and has no problems (so they project anyway even tho we all know its not true) and if you dare try and speak about your problems and bring the mood down your just being a kill joy and most likely not invited out again. So i go and pretend everything is fine and am all smiles and don't end up enjoying myself.

I'd give anything to have more people like the people on here near me least we all seem to understand each other. If you ever find yourself down my way Lady F we'd def have to hang out you seem like such a nice person and i'd want you to be able to be yourself 100%

@ Young, i'm not going until later today only 15:45pm here at the moment but will let you know. Ah Big Bang that show is super funny, i love Sheldon.

*Sammy* said:
Yonghy said:
Yea, I never don't feel like that. Do you know why you only sometimes need people? I would love to get to that point.

You and me both, sometimes i can be quite happy alone then other times i feel like i really need someone there for a while but then after time i just feel i want to be alone again. I don't know why this is, i have been thinking is it something to do with the moving around i did when a child. I'd make friends move away lose them then be alone before trying to make more, move lose them etc etc...

Hearmenow2012 said:
I hope that you enjoy going to the cinema :) What are you going to see? If I lived near you. I would go with you :) I generally try to distract myself with whatever possible, but there usually comes a time when I wish I was within the company of others or I think about relationships even when I'm enjoying. Sometimes I just do things to kill time though.

Thanks hun, i haven't made up my mind yet but Fast and Furious 6 will prob win cant say no to Vin D nom nom nom.

Ha yeah maybe i should throw it out there anyone on from from UK wanna come B'ham city center for a film night? Popcorn is on me! :D

I would love to meet up with you in Birmingham, but the chances of me getting to Birmingham are slim especially in regards to travelling on my own. I feel you the both of you as I like the company, however there are times that I just like to be alone. I hate when the thoughts/feelings of 'loneliness' begin to circle my mind though.

Well plans to go out failed mostly due to health. I took my dog out for a walk and when i got back felt like i was going to pass out so i went to lay down and not long woke back up.

I'm kind of disappointed i wanted to prove to myself i could do it, think i will try next weekend.

I really wish i would get over the 'i need to be around people' feeling though its not as bad as yesterday but i am still having it today just makes me feel so lost and alone :(

*Sammy* said:
Well plans to go out failed mostly due to health. I took my dog out for a walk and when i got back felt like i was going to pass out so i went to lay down and not long woke back up.

I'm kind of disappointed i wanted to prove to myself i could do it, think i will try next weekend.

I really wish i would get over the 'i need to be around people' feeling though its not as bad as yesterday but i am still having it today just makes me feel so lost and alone :(

Was it anxiety? Whenever I resolve to leave my comfort zone the world starts spinning pretty fast. But hey, don't beat yourself, we all feel it. & y'know, if the physicists are right, then what we call the past present and future are all happening at once. So if you end up meeting some people you really like in your future, that means you're with them right now. That might not be much consolation to "present" you, but at least you know some version of yourself is in the warm embrace of friendship. Yay. Lol sorry, that's really the best I can do at trying to cheer you. (Maybe a little less Big Bang theory for me, I think Sheldon is rubbing off on me).

Lol, thanks for trying (^_^)

No it wasn't anxiety i was looking forward to going out it was purely to do with my heath and the new medication i am on. Every now and then i just feel really faint and have to sit down or sleep while i get used to it in my system.

I hope that you are feeling better today :) I believe in you that you'll make it next time. Did you see my previous post(s) regarding what you had said before? I wish that we could meet up so that I could try my best to make you feel better (I hope that we will one day.)

Latest posts

Back