Does anyone else here do really random things?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippi08

Reaction score
Lately, I've been really tired of my life, because it's so predictable, everyday's the same. I waited and waited for some adventures and excitement in my life, but it never came. So recently, I decided that I would stop waiting for something to happen, and actually do something myself that would bring me the excitement in life.

I started thinking of really random things to do that would be unpredictable. I planned to go on a random trip with a friend, and we planned that we'd have no destinations and no planning and just see where we end up and who we'll meet. We were meant to go the trip during spring break, but it ended up snowing here (when you live in Sweden, you never know when it's going to snow -.-). So the trip ended up being postponed.

I recently read a book called "Feeling Sorry For Celia," where the whole book is written in letters. I got inspired to do something similar, so I wrote a letter to a Stranger in my high school, and put the letter in a randomly selected locker. I haven't gotten an answer yet, but I really hope I will!

I've been trying to think of other random things to do that are unpredictable. Yesterday I tried approaching strangers, but that didn't go too well (I won't go into details). Anyway, does anyone else here do any random things like this? If yes, what random things do you do? And does anyone else here feel like they need more adventures and excitement in their lives?

Hello Zippi! Swedish eh? Not many of those here! The weather's been quite a mystery lately, hehe. ;) You seem like a very exciting person. Welcome! =)

Well, if people actually would start doing random things, the chances for people to see that life isn't going to solve itself from not doing anything would increase tenfolds. Doing new things is just what many of us people trying help is suggesting, and it's nice to see that someone actually does that for a change! ;)

My life is very much based on routines, but i use the weekends for irregular and crazy things, that's what they're for in my opinion. Small things that i do to pass time is whistle or hum a tune i like and try to go back and forth to all the things i like to do very often.

Uh, that's about it i guess. lol

going to a club....and meeting someone...not necessarily doing anything with them or drinking but new ppl can make u laugh or have fun for few hours...im not suggesting anything bad

sometimes i throw fruit into the air and hit it with a baseballbat, it makes for a very nice stress reliever.

and dance of course, anything to try and cheer myself up.

thats really cool about the letter, I don't think it would work very well at our school, nobody uses their lockers. Mine is completly out of the way of my classes and they stick so it just takes too much time. I only use it during cross country to put my stuff during pratice.

It was snowing here in Iowa today also.

I've always wanted to go on a roadtrip, it would be so much fun it would have to be in a convertable, without a top in the summer that would be great.

Hehe, I've tried going to a club last year. I went with a friend, and neither of us were 18 yet, and we decided to try to get in by flirting. When we stood by the club however, our flirting-courage disappeared, and we just ended up standing outside freezing our butts off. I'm going to try it again though soon!

Thanks for the fruit idea :) I think I will try that the next time I get really stressed or angry. Maybe I could draw a picture of the person I'm angry at and aim the fruit at his/her face. The random letter idea didn't work though :( I haven't gotten a reply yet and it's been three days. I guess I'll give it another shot, and choose another random locker.

P.S. Robin, no I'm not Swedish, I live in Sweden though (I'm Chinese, I was orignially born in China, but my family moved here when I was four :)) Hey, if you don't mind me asking, where in Sweden do you live? I live in Stockholm. Btw, the weather's been pretty nice and sunny these days, but I won't be surprised if it snows tomorrow.. I guess at least there's one thing unpredictable in my life: Sweden's weather.

I'd love to be more random, but I don't have very good imagination. I got too many routines. I love routines, but sometimes you're just sick of them. Some excitement wouldn't hurt. Adventure! Adrenaline! That's the stuff! Maybe I'll get some inspiration from this thread ^^

I'm also from Sweden by the way. I live a bit outside Stockholm. Speaking of the weather, it was so nice today, I could walk to work without a jacket. Ohh, no more snow now please! ^^

Hehe, I just looked at the weather pronosis for the next few days in Stockholm, and if they can be trusted, it seems like Wednesday's weather is going to be "snow mixed with rain" (snöblandat regn), yuck :(

I haven't been very spontaneous in the past year because my financial situation has changed but I miss the spontaneity so much. There's something freeing about doing something impulsive or spontaneous. ;)

zippi08 said:
P.S. Robin, no I'm not Swedish, I live in Sweden though (I'm Chinese, I was orignially born in China, but my family moved here when I was four :)) Hey, if you don't mind me asking, where in Sweden do you live? I live in Stockholm. Btw, the weather's been pretty nice and sunny these days, but I won't be surprised if it snows tomorrow.. I guess at least there's one thing unpredictable in my life: Sweden's weather.

Sorry for the late reply, Zippi! Oh, Chinese huh? That's cool! Most of my friends actually came here as children too when their parents immigrated here. =) Well i'm on the other side of the country! A genuine Göteborgare, hehe, although i like rikssvenska more than our common accent over here. ;) LoL, You're right about the weather! It's been really sunny and warm here for a few days now. Oh my how i love the sunshine.. :cool: =)

Hijacc said:
chewbacca?

chewbacca800.jpg

lol I got him on my Tom Tom haha hes cool. I got Vader as well but Yoda is the best voice for it. Tern left you have to lol

yea some time when am getting lost I feel like getting my lightsaber out and doing him lol Hes like take the left you well... am like its a one way system it is U twat lolol,, Am not a very Carma driver haha

Latest posts

Back