An online friend committed suicide

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
They just found him today. Apparently he was alone in his apartment for almost a week before the police found him.

I am in shock. His last post on Facebook was "Goodbye!" Nobody knew what that meant.

I didn't know him in real life, just online, but he was a good friend. Just goes to show, life is short.

Thanks guys.

I'm just in shock. I can't share very much here, his family wants this to be kept secret, but I had to tell someone.

Suicide is a horrible thing.

That's quiet horrific.

Sorry about that.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Thanks guys.

I'm just in shock. I can't share very much here, his family wants this to be kept secret, but I had to tell someone.

Suicide is a horrible thing.

"Suicide is a horrible thing."
It truly is. Lots of those who are suffering cut themselves in search of help, but to go the whole way, something truly horrendous must have been plaguing that poor soul. My prayers to him and all of those close to him. A shame. A true shame indeed.:(

Oh my.. Muse.. so sorry to hear about this. :(
Hope you're okay and holding up all right at least.

Speaking as someone who's had to talk a friend out of suicide, then talk another friend through his girlfriend's coma (from which she woke up, miraculously), and now another friend in the similar position as the former... it breaks my heart to hear about such a situation actually escalating to this point. Muse, I can't even imagine the shock you must be going through right now... I'm so sorry to hear about this. If you need someone to talk to about it, just send me a PM, and I'll help however I can.

Valentine said:
Speaking as someone who's had to talk a friend out of suicide, then talk another friend through his girlfriend's coma (from which she woke up, miraculously), and now another friend in the similar position as the former... it breaks my heart to hear about such a situation actually escalating to this point. Muse, I can't even imagine the shock you must be going through right now... I'm so sorry to hear about this. If you need someone to talk to about it, just send me a PM, and I'll help however I can.

Valentine, look at the date of the original post when you respond to the threads here. Muse's first post was dated in June 2013.

But on the subject, I've had to talk two people out of suicide. One of them I had to do it multiple times, and I don't know if I'd have the energy to go through that again.

Latest posts

Back