PS4 or Xbox One? Some say it's a walk over...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your preference...

• Total voters

Reaction score
The Wii U is included in this list so I threw that in as well.

Which one would you have?

3442k90.jpg

If image doesn't load, use this:

View attachment 7

Attachments

• List.jpg
    List.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm not a fangirl to anyone. However, that being said, I migrate myself to wherever my peeps are playing. Now, before any gamers want to call me a fangirl for anything, I have all three major consoles - PS3, 360, and a Wii - as well as a PSP. I also play PC.

But in all honestly, I'm going to have to say I'd probably buy a PS4 before the Xbox One. Simply because that's mainly what my peeps are playing on right now. I'm not even buying that right away. I'm definitely going to wait to get one, just like I'm going to wait to buy an Xbox One.

I won't vote for the fact that I'd prefer none of them take money from me... But that's probably not gonna happen.

I'm honestly in the PS4 camp. It's just something about being cheaper and being to share games with my pals that is way more attractive than DRM for XBox One. I think it's dumb that a friend has to be on your friendslist for 3 months to share a game with them on XBox One.

I'm not a fanboy as I have a PS2/3, Xbox 360 and Wii, but I'm definitely going to buy a PS4 before an Xbox one. The PS4 has so much more going for it. I won't be buying the PS4 for a few years though because I simply wont be able to afford it besides the PS3 still has some life in it. I may buy an Xbox one too at some point, but I will definitely be buying the PS4 first.

I'm not buying any of this consoles but the "Xbox one" should be called "Xbox 1984".

Microsoft are feeling the heat from trying to treat gamers like criminals. If you buy a product then it's yours to lend or sell to others, just as long as it's not copied. What a greedy ploy.

Felix said:
I'm not buying any of this consoles but the "Xbox one" should be called "Xbox 1984".

+1000

It really looks like a VCR from 1984 or something.

well the ps4 is kind of aesthetically challenged also, but at least it isn't so **** big.

I have to say, from what I've read, and if I had the spare cash, I'd be going PS4 right now.

But I still don't like the Playstation controller, I'd need an adapter for a 360 type one.

Always been a PS girl myself. Microsoft are certainly not gonna win me with this one.

Ok, so aesthetically the PS4 is not that impressive. Frankly it looks like a giant cheap-ass Netgear router. But I'll take that for it's cheapness to produce.

The games coming out for PS4 are looking pretty **** good. The ability for me to trade in those games for new ones without having to pay even more money out to the console provider is even better. I have no idea what MS are thinking with that one. The greed is obvious, but how they thought they'd pull it off in the public image dept is beyond me.

Also not having to have it online is a bonus. I don't want my console rendered dead if my broadband goes out. If anything, I want my console if my broadband goes out so I have something to do until its fixed!

I also reeeeeeally don't like having to have kinect. Aside from the fact that its a crappy fad thing that I've absolutely no use for with my type of preferred games being RPGs mostly (until they do some sort of "dance dance Dragonslayer" anyway).

Also - with it always being on, and always being online, the paranoia of having a permanent online video camera into my front room is just.... disconcerting.

It was almost pointless creating the poll!

i have come to prefer xbox.... until now. its pretty much a no brainer for me. i wont be buying it at launch, but when i do get a next gen console it will be a PS4. as far as the xbox one goes, i could care less what it looks like because that is completely irrelevant to its purpose, but the DRM and requiring an internet connection things are ridiculous.

sonys troll level is now at expert:

[youtube]kWSIFh8ICaA[/youtube]

rdor said:
well the ps4 is kind of aesthetically challenged also, but at least it isn't so **** big.

They do indeed look very similar to me. I've said that since I saw the PS4, because I saw the Xbox One first. Just black boxes to me. A few minor changes here or there, one's a bit smaller... But still near the same to me.

edgecrusher said:
i have come to prefer xbox.... until now. its pretty much a no brainer for me. i wont be buying it at launch, but when i do get a next gen console it will be a PS4. as far as the xbox one goes, i could care less what it looks like because that is completely irrelevant to its purpose, but the DRM and requiring an internet connection things are ridiculous.

sonys troll level is now at expert:

[youtube]kWSIFh8ICaA[/youtube]

Goddamn! I'm sorry, but Sony be poopin' all over Microsoft with what they've been doing. The stuff they said at E3, that commercial, I'm sure other things... It's like a slap in the face. I'm glad at least one console is making it easier for us gamers.

Don't be so quick to trust Sony. They are notorious for removing or adding unwanted functionality to your system via update after you purchase it. See the OtherOS option they removed from the ps3. Drm and not being able to share games can always be added in later.

Limlim said:
Don't be so quick to trust Sony. They are notorious for removing or adding unwanted functionality to your system via update after you purchase it. See the OtherOS option they removed from the ps3. Drm and not being able to share games can always be added in later.

While this is all true, it doesn't matter. Generally, more people will buy more PS4's from first impressions alone.. an even if they do add some unwanted functionality later; who they gonna turn to? The Xbox will be the same so they'll just stick with the Playstation.

[video=youtube]

When a company - regardless of what the company is - has executives saying stuff like that, then it makes me question why we should give our money to them. I'm not so concentrated on the consoles as much as I am what they're saying to us.

VanillaCreme said:
[video=youtube]

When a company - regardless of what the company is - has executives saying stuff like that, then it makes me question why we should give our money to them. I'm not so concentrated on the consoles as much as I am what they're saying to us.

mmkay.. . in the past People bought a console primarily because it was a cheap and convenient way to access a large catalogue of games. For several genres- like certain styles of RPG for example- multiplayer is completely inappropriate. What’s troubling with the online focus is that it implies certain genres are going to favoured over others. Nobody likes the idea of a huge corporation like MS trying to force the direction of game development.

Limlim said:

I'll get a PS4 a few months after launch. I have no interest in the new Xbox. But I do agree with Limlim, the PS4 looks good right now and will probably have a more successful launch than the One, but Sony can't always be trusted.

my other concern is studios deciding to make their games exclusively for xbox one simply because the DRM thing ultimately means that they will get more money for their games in the long run. i hope this doesnt happen because then the console wars will become more about which developers people prefer and then they will be forced to miss out on certain games or bite the bullet and buy a ridiculous console like the xbox one just to play their beloved series. microsoft is potentially ruining everything with this garbage.

Well for the past couple years I've been more into PC gaming, but other than that it's always been Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube or N64 for me, and I've hardly ever touched a Playstation console. But honestly, I might go for the PS4. Either way I really dont want the Xbox One. I have no need for all that extra crap. I just want to be able to play my games and maybe stream on occasions like I do on PC. Other than getting used to the controller, I wouldn't mind swapping over for this new PS4. (Of course I would stick to the PC.)

Latest posts

Back