PS4 or Xbox One? Some say it's a walk over...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your preference...

• Total voters
I have: Xbox 360, Wii, and Gamecube. (And I still like my Gamecube over the **** Wii ;p)

To be honest... Though I like the controls of the Xbox controller, VS the PS3, the fact Xbox wanted to "not lose as much money" with the overrated attempt to stop people from sharing, swapping or selling games... I would not expect them to pull that idea out of the crapper after people have bought their product. If and when I choose to "upgrade" to whatever new thing is coming out... I'd have to go with the PS4.

I tend to wait for a while, before getting any new console.

XB1, easy decision, the PS4 has nothing whatsoever that interests me, any exclusive that i doubted would appear on Xb1 have been crushed, FF15 and KH3 YES!

Tldr: XB1 = Dead Rising 3

Video About Xbox One Pulled For Being About Xbox One

"Vsauce3's Fact Surgery videos, a YouTube series who's sole purpose is to both educate and entertain its viewers while dissecting consoles of old and new, recently saw its latest video removed from the platform for violating its terms of service agreement. In reality: the video was taken down due to receiving one too many dislikes and negative comments."

Full story.

The video was the one I posted here though you'll be unable to watch it of course!

EDIT: It's already been reported to be back online, I assume it's an automated process when a video gets a lot of flags.

I have a PS+ membership until Dec 2015 so there's no way I can pick an Xbone or Wii U over 2 years of "free" games. I only want 1 console next gen and fortunately it is indeed a walk over in just about every area of comparison.

Microsoft recently reduced the price of their consoles to compete with SONY (Since they're "loosing"... by a lot) and that's caused a big upset since they're so **** expensive and people want to be refunded the difference - it's hardly been on the market long, either. I'd say that's pretty unfair.

It's the price you pay for being an early adopter. I've bought pretty much every games console on their respective release days, only to be shafted a few months later when the price dropped. The worst one was the Nintendo 64 which knocked 40% off it's UK price less than 2 months after it's release...

Ironically, the only time I was ever offered anything was when Microsoft gave me 2 free games and a free controller when they dropped the price of the original Xbox.

I doubt I'll be buying either, maybe once child support ends in several years, but I'd definetely go Xone. Simply because, and I know I'm one of the rare people who had that experience and those problems, but when I bought my PS2 several years ago Sony gave me ZERO support, or even decency. There were a-holes from the GITGO, I had no end of problems with that day one release of the PS2 and they were charging me 200 bucks for a replacement even though it wasn't bought 3 weeks before. It ended up costing me a clean up every month through a guy I know for 50 bucks, which is not an investement I wanted to make at the time.
So yeah, Sony must die. And I know, I heard it more often than not the other way around, but it wasn't my experience. With Microsoft, even though I had MORE problems with my boxes, their after sales service is TOP NOTCH. I don't have a bad word to say about them. They even credited me several hundred dollars worth of games for the inconveniences.

But, you know, I like playing offline, so I don't think I'll buy either, it's all going online nowadays. Also, prices they get released now? I'm thinking of just buying a PC eventually. Idea with a console is it should be cheap and just for games. At 600, I can buy parts to a decent, more performing computer system. I don't see why I'd waste the money.

I have a PS4 and a PSVita. Mainly its memories from good experiences from when I had a PS1. But really, which system is no big deal. My little Brother has XBOXOne and it's great for him.

Man I don't trust Xbox consoles for anything. Not that they have any games I would care to play anyway. And motion controls (Wii) are a gimmick, so definitely PS4 for me. I'm really loving every game I've tried so far.

I guess I'm a huge minority. I love all gaming and own all the consoles, but primarily play on Xbox. It's the most catering to my play style and I hate navigating the now 10+ year old XMB on Playstation lol. A PC gamer transitioning to a console, I personally feel Xbox caters to more. I also feel like Microsoft and Sony has now swapped places. Sony is arrogant and Microsoft is more listening to their audience recently. But many like to play the 'exclusive games card' as if nothing else matters.

And motion controls (Wii) are a gimmick
It's not a gimmick, it's a demographic. Older or very young people who barely held a controller in their hand can finally join in. It's simple fun, not hardcore gaming.

Siku said:
I guess I'm a huge minority. I love all gaming and own all the consoles, but primarily play on Xbox. It's the most catering to my play style and I hate navigating the now 10+ year old XMB on Playstation lol. A PC gamer transitioning to a console, I personally feel Xbox caters to more. I also feel like Microsoft and Sony has now swapped places. Sony is arrogant and Microsoft is more listening to their audience recently. But many like to play the 'exclusive games card' as if nothing else matters.

And motion controls (Wii) are a gimmick
It's not a gimmick, it's a demographic. Older or very young people who barely held a controller in their hand can finally join in. It's simple fun, not hardcore gaming.

Everything has its merit in due time, so I can see your point now. But man, when it came out, they were forced in so hard; akin to the 3D craze when that started up.

That was pure "We gotta shove this new gimmick into EVERYTHING". It seems to have ironed out by now, at least, where it can actually be used for something beneficial, instead of being that flashy new thing everything has to have.

I rarely use any of those but if I do then it’s always PS4. Pc is my favorite. I have Wii U and XBox too but they get used so little that I put them away because I don’t like keeping unused stuff lying around taking up space. I have a friend that swears to all of it, he is a massive gaming enthusiast and keeps up with everything and has to have every possible gaming device out there, so he chooses every one of them. The reason I prefer PC is the up close and personal feeling it gives me and shooters are way easier to get right with a mouse.

Latest posts

Back