Ever gone through an entire day thinking it was the wrong day of the week?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revengineer

Reaction score
This happened to me yesterday. For some reason I thought it was Thursday when it was actually Friday, and I woke up this morning ready to go to a class and realized my entire family was at home... that's when I checked and realized it was the weekend.

It's kind of surreal. Almost like time traveling, lol.

Yes.

For some reason, I thought tomorrow was Monday, and then I realized that tomorrow is Sunday. Somehow, it doesn't feel like the weekend...probably because I am still working on schoolwork.

When I was unemployed it happened a lot, since all days were the same. Now I keep track of dates. :p

Seeker said:
When I was unemployed it happened a lot, since all days were the same. Now I keep track of dates. :p

This and when I lived abroad it didn't seem to matter much what day or hour it was !!

Definitely. Only six minutes ago I was notified that it is currently Presidents' Day. Ooooh, I'm excited...A day to celebrate some of the most notoriously crooked public officials in American history.

This happened to me again just a couple weeks ago. I was very disoriented, and I actually went two days thinking they were Friday and Saturday, when actually they were Monday and Tuesday.

Happens to me frequently- working the crazy shifts I do (days, then nights , overtime on occasion) I get really messed up. What's a real laugh is cracking a beer at 9 a.m. after my last nightshift, people who've only been awake for an hour or two on a weekend give me funny looks....at that point I've been awake for about 14 hours, just got off work, and I'm enjoying my "evening ".

WildernessWildChild said:
Happens to me frequently- working the crazy shifts I do (days, then nights , overtime on occasion) I get really messed up. What's a real laugh is cracking a beer at 9 a.m. after my last nightshift, people who've only been awake for an hour or two on a weekend give me funny looks....at that point I've been awake for about 14 hours, just got off work, and I'm enjoying my "evening ".

My brother works nights. It's very odd to see him come in as Im leaving for work (about 7:20 a.m.) with a six pack of beer in his hand. :p

Revengineer said:
This happened to me yesterday. For some reason I thought it was Thursday when it was actually Friday, and I woke up this morning ready to go to a class and realized my entire family was at home... that's when I checked and realized it was the weekend.

It's kind of surreal. Almost like time traveling, lol.quote

time goes so fast its a wonder the world doesnt spin off its axis. One day its monday the a8nd the next day it its the week end again.

EveWasFramed said:
WildernessWildChild said:

My brother works nights. It's very odd to see him come in as Im leaving for work (about 7:20 a.m.) with a six pack of beer in his hand. :p

[video=youtube]

That happens to me fairly often. It seems that without the day-to-day job or school stuff keeping track of days can slip toe the side.

Latest posts

Back