Anxiety attacks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady X

Reaction score
My anxiety attacks are really starting to get to me at the moment.

I've had them for a number of years now, since I was a teenager (so over a decade easily), but they are at a real peak at the moment and I feel really stuck as to what I can do to stop them from taking over my life again.

I have a panic disorder... so most of my anxiety attacks happen kinda at random with either no triggers at all, or the trigger being simply the fear of having an attack. When I have an attack my legs and arms go to jelly, I feel dizzy and cant see properly and if it lasts long enough I feel sick or like I need to go to the loo cause of all the adrenaline. Afterwards I feel totally drained.

I do pretty well at hiding the attacks, like at work or summat. I don't make a scene, and nobody might even know that at that very moment, I can barely see through dizziness and feel like I cant breathe.

But at the moment, they are getting me more and more often. When I'm asleep(!) or when I'm riding to work... as I ride a motorcycle, this is pretty dangerous and I've had to pull over for a breather a good few times now when I've realised I haven't got full control and have gone down to a 20mph crawl.

The thing is, I dunno what the trigger for all this is, or how I can stop it. I feel like I'm stuck in a whirlpool and the only way is down. It went away for a while when I was on anti-depressants, but I really don't want to go back on them as they won't give me a long term solution, just put a plaster/bandaid on a gushing wound.

I don't really know why I'm even posting this, maybe its to vent a little, maybe its to let folk know on here who I speak to online why I might now quite be chatty or myself atm (as I'm totally drained by the time I get home) or maybe someone on here has been through, or is going through, the same sorta stuff or the same condition and can offer a bit of advice or light at the end of the tunnel?

Sorry to hear you're going through this. It sounds terrible and wish I had some advice for you. Hopefully you figure something out soon before you hurt yourself when it happens at dangerous times.

Btw, I think it's awesome you ride a motorcycle.

sorry about that, it sounds awful - in my experience, if you don't give in to them one day they will go away. Can I ask you if you eat sugar? Refined sugar and gluten are sometimes to blame for anxiety and panic attacks, if one manages to do without for 30 to 60 days usually there is a change, sometimes huge. I think you are great to stay away from meds as long as you can.

hugs_046.jpg

Latest posts

Back