"Kitchen Nightmares" Has Me Feeling Reluctant To Eat Out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I understand that it's a television show and might use fake dead mice and rotten food in the fridge for effect. But what if it isn"t?! What if you go out to dinner some evening not knowing that the one cooking your food is sneezing on it or if a dropped lamb chop was picked up and chucked back into the pan? I gotta say, it truly bothers me, and since watching that show all these years I'm a little reluctant to eat out. You?

Truth is, that all the food we eat nowadays is poisonous and kills us. Very slowly, of course. Some food might speed up the process, but it's dangerous nonetheless. Even if some honeysuckle does happen to the food at a restorant, it's probably better handled than most food you eat.

it's the show with Gordon Ramsay right? I love him <3
Though I haven't seen Kitchen Nightmares yet, only been watching Hell's Kitchen.
Everything you see on TV is staged, though I always fear pissing off the cook or they might spit on my food. Ew.

Rosebolt said:
Truth is, that all the food we eat nowadays is poisonous and kills us. Very slowly, of course. Some food might speed up the process, but it's dangerous nonetheless. Even if some honeysuckle does happen to the food at a restorant, it's probably better handled than most food you eat.
True. But the thought of eating foods full of chemicals like Pizza Pops seems much more tolerable than steak soaked in rat urine or feces. The chef could hock a loog on your burger and you'd never know it. By law all of the foods made in factories must list the chemicals and are usually held to strict standards. Who's in the restaurant kitchen all hours of the day making sure the chef isn't cooking burgers with rat honeysuckle in them?

Didn't make me reluctant, but that's because I rarely eat out. If I do, it's a major treat. Or non-treat according to what Chef Ramsay finds. I don't care if his shows are staged or not, I freaking love him.

VanillaCreme said:
Didn't make me reluctant, but that's because I rarely eat out. If I do, it's a major treat. Or non-treat according to what Chef Ramsay finds. I don't care if his shows are staged or not, I freaking love him.
Did you know that he wears a size 15 shoe? lol

I love Gordon Ramsay and the show, but I have to believe most of it is staged. I have many years in food service, and even though I've seen my share of terrors, there's too many perfectly scripted problems in these restaurants.

Shipster0958 said:
I love Gordon Ramsay and the show, but I have to believe most of it is staged. I have many years in food service, and even though I've seen my share of terrors, there's too many perfectly scripted problems in these restaurants.

Everything on TV is staged for a good show and rating :)

Shipster0958 said:
I love how they call them "Reality Shows" when in truth, they're far from it.

I won't eat at a fast food restaurant. They have such high employee turn-over rates that you never know if the new employees give a **** about health and safety. I don't feel like getting food poisoning because some dorky kid doesn't care if he drops a burger on the floor or not.

I take the chance with regular restaurants though. I get sick of my own cooking.

^ What they said, some stuff you watch on it doesn't reflect actual truth. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, but it's probably more rare than you think.

I don't really care about any of that anyway since this is something I'm completely laid back about , I mean I did used to eat out often and of course I'd prefer to go to a clean and quality place to eat, but if it was one of those dodgy places I wouldn't make a big deal about it (Unless I almost died of food poisoning or something). I just wouldn't go there again.

Kitchen Nightmares... very entertaining show. I watched some episodes on youtube. What can I say? eating out is a a bit of a risk. I try to go to decent places...

Okiedokes said:
I'm so watching this. lol.

It does have entertainment factor, but as far as I can see - most things he changes are common sense. Do people really think uncovered rotting food and rioting staff is normal? Wouldn't you think "Hm, this honeysuckle aint right, something needs to change"?

I'v ALWAYS been reluctant to eat out, you just never know whats happening to your food before you eat it.... and you never ever complain and wait for them to fix it.... that's when they chef WOULD spit it your food or rub it on the ground!

I dont think many places are THAT bad but the point is you just dont know. I like those places that have an open kitchen where you can see the people cooking your food.

Odd fact (or urban legend) the chocolate we all is eat is riddled with cockroaches... an average of 8 in every chocolate bar. According to ABC news anything less than 60 insects per 100grams of chocolate is deemed safe for human consumption..... mmmm bust out the cadburys!

Hey, I've dropped food on my floor and still fed it to my husband. Actually now I think about it, he's probably better off braving going out to eat. I'm the original kitchen nightmare.

Kitchen nightmares follows the exact same narrative structure every episode. Failing business (obviously) borderline rotten food, filthy kitchen, someone not happy he's there, chef walks out, chef comes back, relaunch night packed out because Gordon is there, relaunch gets off to good start, hits a bump, finishes well. Everybody loves Gordon, Gordon fucks off.

Latest posts

Back