Update on the current situation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
Argh, I feel like I'm wasting my time typing out all this stuff. But here goes.

I am pretty much homebound right now. I have no car, no driver's license, and it's a 45 min walk to the nearest bus stop. I did join a gym, but it's, again, 45 mins walk away from here...and in this heat, I don't feel like going anywhere.

My sister and her kids are being pains. Everyone is lying and basically trashing the house. Two of the kids brought their dogs, which they treat like stuffed animals and don't take care of properly, so we've been trying to find homes for them. There are four dogs here, two of which are ours. Anyway, my oldest dog (12 years old) has cancer and is in a lot of pain and discomfort, and the girl's dogs took it upon themselves to get into all of his medicine while we were gone yesterday, and now he has no pain medication. This is with my 13 year old niece home and able to do something with the dogs, but she is so spoiled by her mother that she doesn't seem to want to take any responsibility. She was there on her laptop playing games all day, instead of doing something with her dogs. She doesn't even feed them.

Not only that, but all 4 of the older kids are being mean to my mom and I. Just flat out disrespectful. The baby is even acting up. My mom has given my sis until the end of July, and has filed an eviction notice, but she threatened yesterday to throw them out.

And I'm just bored to death. I'm working on my novel, and creating new music, and I have three classes to work in...but this week is really easy in all three, so that's why I'm on here a lot this week. All of my friends are busy, most are married with kids of their own, and don't have time to get together. And the one friend who is single and unmarried is the fairweather friend who I talked about before, and he hasn't contacted me since I confronted him about being so flaky.

I don't know what the point of this thread is, except I'm feeling extreme cabin fever and wish I still lived on my own in the city, so I could go anywhere I wanted without having people worry about me.

Not taking care of their dogs would piss me off too. If people can't respect and care for their animals, they shouldn't have them. Also, neglected dogs can be dangerous around kids.

Sorry you're having a hard time, man. I wish I could offer more than my sympathy.

You know, I don't even like kids anymore. Which is sad, because I thought I'd make a good father.

I don't want to know these children anymore.

What makes me even more mad is, I never, never treated adults like this when I was a kid. Never!

Even my family, who have been disrespectful to me my whole life, I never treated them like that. I loved my grandma and treated her with respect. I wasn't the perfect kid, but I certainly never lied to her. I was honest, even when I was mentally ill.

What makes me mad is that not only do these kids lie about things, and are disrespectful, but they act as if it is my fault and my mom's fault that we get angry. Well, it's our ******* house...we invited them to live here. We didn't have to, we could have just let my sister be homeless and lose custody of her kids, but we both decided to do something nice...and this is how we get repaid! It's a bunch of bullshit!

I'm sorry that they feel that the dogs are part of the deal. We took them in, because we love animals, but they are wrecking the house. Just like you are. Honest to god, what did you think would happen when you put two untrained puppies in with an entire houseful, already, of cats, and dogs, and then don't train them? Are these kids stupid?

At least the 8 year old has reason to be untrustworthy, because he is diagnosed as mentally ill...but what the fresia do these other children have? Are they mentally ill, too?

I'm just so fed up...and my sister acts like it is my fault. My grades have been slipping, because I am so stressed. It's impossible to concentrate on hard coding when there are 6 other people in the house who are destroying sanity.

I wish you could just move out. Or they move out. But life never works out so **** easily. :\

Do you have a relative's place to go to while studying that's nearby and quieter?

I can't remember but do you have your own room? If you do, staying in there and just locking out the noise and nonsense might help.. well at least I've tried doing that. It even gets as bad as the kids running in and out of my room some days..... :rolleyes:

I'm not going to move out. I don't want to leave my 60 year old mother in that position.

I just want them out of here. They don't belong here.

And no, all of my relatives around here hate me. I am not close to any of them. They all think I'm mentally retarded, because I have a mental illness.

I do have my own room, which is where I spend most of my time.

I remember you talking about your sister and her kids before, nice to hear your mother is doing something about it. Can't be easy for her to do so gotta give your mother a lot of credit for that. I find kids are a lot more disrespectful these days, it just keeps getting worse. You shouldn't let this bad experience with your sister's kids make you not want kids. Hopefully once they are gone you'll have an easier time focusing on your work.

Thanks Sci-Fi.

I've got a high C in my class, which can be raised to a B...but I have a 0 in one assignment and a couple of really bad grades. I did well on the first test, but...you know, it's because I'm so stressed out.

I don't work well under stress. I am thankful I have this forum, because it allows me to vent out my frustrations and have friends, but I just really am hanging on by a string right now.

I called one of the kids a "pathetic piece of honeysuckle" yesterday, under my breath. Don't know if she heard me, but I'm at my wit's end. They are pieces of work, and I'm the villian for not just taking it.

Okay, update on the update.

My sister has officially found another place, and is moving out. All her stuff is here, but she is living an hour away right now.

My mom has given her to the end of July to grab all her stuff out of here. Maybe then, we'll be able to put back together some semblance of our lives.

It feels good. :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I called one of the kids a "pathetic piece of honeysuckle" yesterday

Oh. They heard you. Rest assured.

Also, i'm not quite sure what you expect of children when their parents don't discipline them so it's really not fair to blame children for the sins of their parents.

Also, you should really be focusing on your class, even if you think it's easy....your grade says otherwise. Go focus on your own grade issues instead of focusing on the problems of others around you.

Yeah, I am definitely relieved.

And Sophia, I've stepped up in my class now. I got a really good grade back for my two lab assignments last week.

Do you think I'm a terrible person for saying that?

Up until about three weeks ago, I was the nicest guy in the world. I actually let them walk all over me. They would use my computers, they would eat food out of my fridge (I have one up in my room), they would play on my guitars and keyboards, etc.

Then finally I had enough. They were abusing my kindness. And the nicer I was to them, the more they disrespected me, talked back to me, and treated me like honeysuckle. Of course I would lash out once...and I whispered it, so I don't think anybody heard me.

I don't think any of the kids are honeysuckle. I don't think that. But I think they've been conditioned, by their mother - my sister - to not respect adult figures, to lie and manipulate, and to basically not take any responsibility. They took NO responsibility for their dogs...and they ran off and left them here...obviously they didn't care about them. They treated the dogs like stuffed animals - they would leave for a week, then come back and be loving on the dogs...I'm sorry, but the dogs remembered that you were gone for a week!

I won't have kids like that, probably, because I hope my children inherit some sense of responsibility. But I am through trying to be nice to children who basically act like that Veruca Salt character in Willy Wonka. Mine mine mine! I'm sorry, but not in OUR house!

Latest posts

Back