Video Conversion Question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I'm currently using a video converter that displays the videos being converted in a window that is displayed in the middle of the screen. I have two choices. I can leave it open and see it on the screen or click on it and it closes showing only it's icon in the system tray.

What I'm curious about is if it will convert the files faster if it's open where I can see the conversion, or does the conversion become slower if I close the window?

Thanks for viewing.:)

When converting it doesn't use 100% on both cores (nor on single core either but would be generally higher) so it wouldn't make a difference.

When converting you can see how "Hard" your computer's processing by running task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del or run taskmgr.exe) and click on the Performance tab.

9006 said:
When converting it doesn't use 100% on both cores (nor on single core either but would be generally higher) so it wouldn't make a difference.

When converting you can see how "Hard" your computer's processing by running task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del or run taskmgr.exe) and click on the Performance tab.
Ah....Thanks Mike.

The more programs you have open, the more task it will do on your system. So, ideally, you would only have a few programs open, because otherwise you might end up with the blue screen of death.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
The more programs you have open, the more task it will do on your system. So, ideally, you would only have a few programs open, because otherwise you might end up with the blue screen of death.

Haha, how does having more programs open give you a BSOD?

If you have a stable system and no hardware problems, you wont get a blue screen at all, if anything it's just extra burden on your memory, plus CPU's are very effective and wouldn't even impact this unless you're somehow using them all at the same time.

I'm not sure if this matters, but a long time ago when I realized that the Chrome "Homepage Button" problem was a glitch for lack of a better word, I used the "New Tab Redirect" extension and it did crash my computer. Apparently, it was infected big time.

https://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-...08,d.dmg&fp=c61c7b135be60a95&biw=1309&bih=704

EDIT: I just realized that my post has absolutely nothing to do with what you two are discussing. It just popped in my head for some reason. My bad.

9006 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Haha, how does having more programs open give you a BSOD?

If you have a stable system and no hardware problems, you wont get a blue screen at all, if anything it's just extra burden on your memory, plus CPU's are very effective and wouldn't even impact this unless you're somehow using them all at the same time.

I was under the impression that it clogs the BIOs and the Flash Memory, which leads to the screen freezing, at least.

Maybe not a blue screen of death, but a frozen screen is something you don't want, either. And this is coming from someone who has used computers that are 10 years old, and had this happen.

Your BIOS is completely separate from OS software, it's basically just a catalogue of hardware configurations. Sometimes it handles hardware interruptions and copies them to RAM for speed, but that's it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I was under the impression that it clogs the BIOs and the Flash Memory, which leads to the screen freezing, at least.

Maybe not a blue screen of death, but a frozen screen is something you don't want, either. And this is coming from someone who has used computers that are 10 years old, and had this happen.

Latest posts

Back