I had this memory flash of myself 2 years back when I was effing awesome!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeoneSomewhere

Reaction score
So I was doing something and I suddenly spaced out. I had this memory flash of seeing my reflection in a train window... and it's almost haunting but it also warms my heart in a way, thinking about how much I had accomplished.

It had been a year out of school and I hadn't joined college. It was triggered by an incident and was one of those "enough is enough" situations.

I used to work out regularly and was really passionate about it. I fixed my speech, my walking/standing posture, on mt confidence, the way I behaved around everyone... in a nutshell, I built myself from scratch!

And when I was done (well I wasn't done, it was more of a daily process), BOY! The confidence with which I used to stand and interact with people, how I dealt with everything...

And remembering that, it just feels weird thinking about how I was and what I am now.

But I fell and I fell hard. I let go of a lot of it and the rest was just lost.

Just wanted to share. :)

I think we've all waxed poetically about how we were once in our glory. Two years ago I felt much better about myself than I do now. I understand the boat you're in my friend.

Latest posts

Back