First Time Newbie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX Rock Chick

Reaction score
Hi y'all!
I'm a first timer to join any kind of internet group (or any group not work related). I live in Texas and it can get a little lonely sometimes. I am a teacher, but trying to transition to another profession without much success. Life is difficult right now and I'm finding that my close friends and family do not understand what I'm going through. Honestly, I'm having a trouble connecting with them. I need friends who listen and can empathize, not tell me what to do and negate my feelings. I found this website by happenstance and realized there are other people out there that have similar situations. I don't feel as alone as I have been in the last few months and it brings me some comfort. My dogs would like to send a shout out because they are getting pretty tired of me and would like me to leave the house occasionally.
Cheers!

Shipster0958 said:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a teacher as well. :) What do you teach?

I'm certified for early childhood through 8th grade (all subjects), but I've only taught 2nd and 3rd grade. I was self contained for 2 years and was on a team rotation and taught math/science for the remainder. My love is math and science. What about you?

TX Rock Chick said:
Shipster0958 said:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a teacher as well. :) What do you teach?

I'm certified for early childhood through 8th grade (all subjects), but I've only taught 2nd and 3rd grade. I was self contained for 2 years and was on a team rotation and taught math/science for the remainder. My love is math and science. What about you?

I teach 6th-8th Deaf Education. I also have a student in the self contained community room.

2nd and 3rd grade are wonderful ages :)

Well, hello fellow Texan! I'm originally from El Paso, currently residing in San Antonio, and I'm new here myself. Hope you find the support you're looking for here.

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

TX Rock Chick said:
I am a teacher, but trying to transition to another profession without much success.

Fellow teacher here too. And also trying to transition to another profession. What are you thinking of transitioning to?

hi seanski from bonnie Scotland here , I spend my days surrounded with people but still feel isolated and lonely...hoping to meet likeminded people on here .... you seem like a clever girl ie teaching..but must feel isolated to come on here? sean x

Latest posts

Back