A NEW TOPIC FOR THE FORUM

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
I have been doing a bit of thinking, and maybe we could have a part of this forum for actual problem solving of members issues. I know that we are all lonely, but I believe that there are REASONS for our loneliness and that most of our issues go alot deeper than just being alone. It could give members a real opportunity to say what is behind them feeling so lonely. It would be a very personal part of the forum, but it could be a success. What do you think?

I agree that there is always other things that course loneliness. I know what has coursed mine but I am not able to do anything about it :( I doubt anyone would know. But I would post what I think has coursed my loneliness in that forum if it was made.

I think the idea you have is a very good one :)

Hmm, the thing is, i don't think there are so many people here who actually can help someone really get well. It takes alot of time, to begin with, and it requires alot of knowledge about how the mind works, which also takes alot of time to know. Since this primarily is a relief forum after all it probably would be quite hard to keep all the people who want to help by simply saying nice things away from threads where the author ask for actual, practical as well as mental means for solving his/her problems.

I also like the idea, and was actually something i was considering for Isle Red, but 99% of the members here didn't come here to help others and probably are far from available to go through with all of steps of a therapeutic analysis and treatment of someone else. I wouldn't let anyone on a forum of mine actually tell people what to do without having 100 % trust in that that person knows what he's/she's talking about. A person offering the help should be completely free from depression him-/herself to begin with, and not be as fanatic about certain things as many of the people who've come here to help have been. There have been severe women-hating, man-hating, completely religious solutions as well as "solutions" that in time could create devastating obsessions for objective things without actual meaning. None of these "solutions" does anything to take away the actual problem, but rather pulls up a curtain to hide it all with, which is perfectly logical but as we've also seen in those members who've tried to help others by these means.

I'm one of the few here who've helped people for many years now, both on- and offline, and with quite good results. What's so special about me? I've lived for it. You could call me a terapeut without much of the studies required to be a "real" one, who instead have spent the most-part of his life searching for and putting the answers to the test. It's not exactly a rewarding trait; caring more about others than Yourself, and sometimes i wish i was more selfish than i am, but i've accepted who i am and now have lived with it for a long time. Helping others is what literary kept me from doing suicide myself, and the most important feature that i believe i have compared to most of the other advisers we've seen here for example, is that the only thing i'm generally "fanatic" about, what my deal is, is love, the one and only thing that truly is going to help anyone here. There can be no short-cuts or heartless and blindfolded experiments, like so many others already have tried here. You need to KNOW what You're saying to the subject. The most important feature of a terapeut, in my eyes, is to have a genuine will to help as well as being free from any of these "curtains" which often are used to create lies instead of solutions. Simply having a strong will to help someone is sadly far from enough and to help someone via text alone is even more challenging.

I know what i'm doing and what i'm saying, and if i'm allowed to have any word in this great idea, i say; let's do one at a time, in a separate forum as You say Blue Sky, where a group of a few, genuinely interested, mentally well and knowledgeable people are the only one's to do the talking. This is quite a step You're talking about Blue Sky, and with a step like this comes a greatly increased responsibility for the subjects' wellness and in some cases lives. We can't let everyone do this.

Aye I agree with robin and Cleo I think we should give it a try nothing bad could come from it right?

I just thought that a seperate forum for members issues would be a good idea, and looking back on what I wrote, I shouldn't have used the words "problem solving." What I was really trying to state is, what's behind the members loneliness. Once you know that, it makes it alot easier to understand and support the issue, rather than members just saying "I'm so lonely, I have no friends, I spend my day alone staring at the walls or watching television." Because when they say that you can only give a general reply. I just want a forum that delves a little deeper into what's behind our loneliness. Hope this makes more sense to you than my last post.

I know what you mean any way. But I think what the others are trying to say is that the hole forum should be in that direction really. But I quite agree that saying that all I do is watch TV all day act act act is not really solving any problems at all.

I think if you make a thread about it to start with then that would be a good start. Let me know if you make one and I well leave it up to you where you decide to make it (put it in any forum you like) and where ever that is I well sticky it for you with the others permission. Basely I would like to know if all of you lot plus you of course Blue Sky think that this is a good idea. I think it would be a start?

A board where members specifically state why they believe they are lonely and/or what they actually are doing every day, You say? Hmm, well like Bluey i'm a little curious if this actually would change anything. I mean, i know what You mean when You say that the replies most threads get are quite shallow, but when someone who truly cares about a person here he/she ask the question 'why are You doing this then? Have You tried this...' etc.

But of course, since it's the members themselves who choose how they want to reply to a thread made by a person who says he/she's lonely (and not the thread author i mean), i guess a board where everyone who wanted to were to start a thread where they explain how their life looks could be useful. But do people really want to say that in a separate board if they don't already say it in their first ask for help?

Perhaps simply informing new members that it would be good if they also told us what it is that makes them lonely would suffice, when they wrote their first post? Simply creating a board in which it's supposed to post what it is that makes You lonely wouldn't suddenly make people post it all, would it? I don't know, but it would be good if members crying out their despair also would say why they are lonely in the same message. A separate board for that might only make posts more spread out and harder to follow.

Bluey said:
I think if you make a thread about it to start with then that would be a good start. Let me know if you make one and I well leave it up to you where you decide to make it (put it in any forum you like) and where ever that is I well sticky it for you with the others permission. Basely I would like to know if all of you lot plus you of course Blue Sky think that this is a good idea. I think it would be a start?

Well I have already made a thread called "Why are you here" It got 4 pages of replies and you posted in it Bluey lol.:p But I just thought that we could do something that goes a little deeper. Doesn't matter.

Yes and I was actually the last person to post in that thread Here that you have made.

Also I have discovered with the help of my friend cleo that keeper made a very similar thread awol back Here

I was wondering if to merge them two threads would be a good idea? The last time I merged two threads though I should say that all the posts in them got all jumbled up and no one could tell who was replying to who. So this makes me think that its not such a good idea. Its not such an easy job to un-merge them. In fact in my limited experience in this I would say if the threads are big its a near enough impossible or painstaking job to un-merge them. Simply would not be worth it. Anyway am going a bit off-topic here. I apologize for that.

Let me know your thoughts on this guys.

Well, i guess we could fill up one of the forum-categories with another board. Just because i'm a little unsure about it doesn't mean the decision is unanimous. ;) Would You like the board to have a certain name and/or description, Bluey Sky?

Latest posts

Back