15 signs that a man has never had a girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This list is kind of stupid.

I don't have Facebook. I really don't like social media.

I have had several girlfriends though and I was married for 6 years.

I would not take a list like this that seriously.

Ha, very good. Except most girls drink beer (!)

Now let me go replace those toilet roles...

You can't tell. I feel like this is a ridiculous topic.

A girl worth dating isn't going to judge you over something like that.

It doesn't matter what any girl thinks of you.

Just be confident in yourself.

This whole list is just shallow and moronic.

Some of the most worthless and horrible men have had plenty of girlfriends. It really is no reflection on you, the number of people you have been with.

It would be easy enough to see there's a reasonable chance of it from his looks and lack of confidence. Poorly dressed would be another give-away.

Such men are good for when she's had her run of exciting guys and now prefers a stable obedient partner, one who provides emotional and financial support without question.

You see it all the time; once wild-child 28 yo marries a 37 yo bald guy in a suit who can't believe his luck. I guess those men should be grateful... and they're expected to be.

You can't tell by the way a guy is dressed.

The way a person is dressed is all a matter of opinion.

Sometimes I wear old baggy jeans that are torn up on the bottom and a this 15 year old SST records t-shirt that is full of holes. I've met girls while dressed that way.

I've gotten a girl's number at the boxing gym I go to and I was in a dirty white t-shirt and sweaty gym shorts.

Things like looks and the way a guy dresses are so subjective. All girls go for different things.

Dating is a numbers game. The more you put yourself out there, the more chance you'll have of meeting someone. Join a few dating sites, but don't take them too seriously. Besides that you can join meetup groups and get involved in some activities you like.

You need to be complete and happy on your own to attract other people. You need to have some passion for life.

Just be true to yourself as far as your interests go and take care of yourself. You don't have to be a bodybuilder or get ripped, but eat healthy and do a work out that you find fun.

The more fit you are the more happy and confident you will be.

You don't need a relationship to be happy. If your self-esteem is based on how other people see you you'll always be living for other people and giving them too much control over you.

Look at Paul Scheer for example. He's balding, ugly, have horrible teeth, and dresses like total crap. But he has a beautiful wife and is one of the most attractive men because he has such an easy going personality, he is also hilarious and full of passion.

You cannot tell if a man has ever had a girlfriend, but you can make an educated guess based upon how awkward the guy is in public, how comfortable he seems around girls his age, if he avoids any situation where sexual contact might be possible, and on, and on. It's a guess, but the more awkward the guy feels in any situation, the less likely any woman will lift her skirt for him.

People make their own judgments on who is desirable and who is not, and social awkwardness is one of the main social turn-offs because it creates an uncomfortable situation for everyone. Be more comfortable in a social setting, and you are immediately more likely to get a lover.

The list in the OP is ridiculous, by the way.

I agree that being socially awkward is a big factor but it really depends on the girl.

I find that at least with dating, some girls will act in a way that makes you feel really awkward and other will act in a way that makes you feel comfortable. So much of that is based on chemistry.

I remember one night when I had two dates planned. The first date I went out to a bar with this girl and she treated the whole thing like an interrogation. She kept leaving during the date to go outside and smoke cigarettes and she was on her phone texting the entire time. It really made me feel like crap and of course I was a bit more awkward. She really left no chance for me to be myself or feel comfortable.

So I left feeling very undesirable, then got home and this other girl texted me. I was kind of tired and worn out from drinking and smoking weed but I just figured I'd go meet her. She wanted me to meet her at her apartment so I went, I dressed sloppy and barely bothered to look nice unlike the earlier date where I'd dressed up nice.

After sitting there in the girl's apartment for twenty minutes just smoking weed and talking about stupid stuff she literally just took off her shirt and asked me to touch her breasts.

So the point of my story is that you really can't put so much thought into these things. It isn't always about how you dress or how you act, or what you talk about. Sometimes it's just totally random.

The one girl obviously had no interest in me at all and was very rude, the other girl just wanted to bang me right away. The were both equal as far as looks and intelligent went. They were both 23 years old.

What's important is just putting yourself out there so you have the chance of interacting with people.

If you go out there with the idea of getting laid or you only see women as objects to be pursued they are going to pick up on that and find you creepy. If you treat them like human beings and show real interest, beyond just wanting to get into their pants you will hurt your chances.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Okay, serious note...

How can a girl tell a guy has never had a girlfriend? Social cues? Looks?

In all seriousness, what does it matter? I'm being dead ass. I have no idea why it would really matter. If you like someone, you like them, regardless of anything else. Not having had a girlfriend/boyfriend before someone shouldn't really make them dislike you. Like I said, if they like you, then they like you. I would think it only affects a potential relationship if you allow it to affect one.

VanillaCreme is right.

I really don't get why things like this should matter.

The internet is full of stupid lists like this.

They should never be taken seriously.

The only people who worry about how to be spotted as someone who has never had a girlfriend... have never had a girlfriend.

If anyone reading this has never had a girlfriend, trust me when I say that there is no sign that points to this. No one can tell how experienced you are by a look or a stupid internet list. There is only the way you act, and the way you behave around other people that matters.

If you connect with a girl and she connects with you, it won't matter if you've had a girlfriend before or not.

Case said:
The only people who worry about how to be spotted as someone who has never had a girlfriend... have never had a girlfriend.

If anyone reading this has never had a girlfriend, trust me when I say that there is no sign that points to this. .

Until she asks about previous relationships assuming you've had one. Do you think over the course of getting to know each other that's not going to happen? She'll find out from you or maybe your friends.

In either case you're forced into a lie or a tongue-tied explanation for the truth. "Oh I was busy studying/working/travelling ".. good luck pulling that off.

Women judge by status amongst other things. A guy who has never had a girlfriend is at a major disadvantage here.

Solution : LIE (one instance where lying is understandable... where's the harm?), or be honest, take a principled stand and accept the possibility of it abruptly ending.

Status isn't as important as you would think.

One of the janitors where is really fat and sloppy looking but he's married to this really hot lady who looks just like Jennifer Lopez.

He is just a really cool guy who makes other people feel good about themselves. He has always cheered me up when I'm feeling down. That is the quality that makes a man attractive to women.

Being a janitor he is at a pretty low status, if you are the type of person who judges people based on that sort of thing. But it clearly has not hurt his chances with women.

Worrying about what other people think is always going to put you at a disadvantage. All the rest really doesn't matter.

Women sometimes decide they want you before they know anything about you, then nothing you can say will put them off.

rdor said:
Case said:

If anyone reading this has never had a girlfriend, trust me when I say that there is no sign that points to this. .

Until she asks about previous relationships assuming you've had one. Do you think over the course of getting to know each other that's never going to happen? She'll find out from you or maybe your friends..

In either case you're forced into a lie or a tongue-tied explanation for the truth. "Oh I was busy studying/working/travelling ".. good luck pulling that off.

Women judge by status amongst other things. A guy who has never had a girlfriend is at a major disadvantage here.

Solution : LIE (one of the few instances where lying is understandable... where's the harm?) ... or take the principled stand and accept the possibility of it abruptly ending.

In which case you just tell the person that you've never had a previous relationship. You don't need to lie about it. It's really not a big deal. We all have our reasons why we haven't had or had things in our lives. You don't have to have a relationship by the time you're 20. And there's no reason to lie about it, or have any shame in not having a relationship.

Sure there's no harm, because one could just as easily say, "Yeah, I've had a girl/guy for X amount of years, but we don't talk anymore." But what's the point in doing that? It doesn't matter. If someone doesn't want to talk to you anymore because you've revealed that you have not had any previous relationships, then they probably aren't worth your time to start with.

And just to let you know, because maybe your small-minded attitude won't let you understand... Not all women care about status. I wasn't going to get heated over a stupid topic to begin with, but then I read these beyond ridiculous statements from people who are just mad and bitter themselves because they've got cake they can't eat. I'm sure some women do care, just as some men do, but not all of us. If you want to believe that, fine, you're only limiting yourself, but it's not true.

I've met women who simply stopped talking once I told them I was 30 something and worked in a library. Sometimes this was from women who did something similar to me (entry level IT for eg.) They could not abide.

Also had otherwise friendly female acquaintances turn nasty and publicly grill me in accusing tones, demanding to know why I've never had a girlfriend. Even though I'm incredibly ugly they still couldn't accept it, like I needed to justify myself somehow. Non-acceptance of inexperienced or low achieving men points to it as a perceived problem.

But if it's not a problem for you or others in the minority... well..good then.

Why should it be something to be ashamed of?

If, when asked about past relationships, you answer "It just never happened for me," and she judges you because of it. You're better off without her. If you're lying about your past to get women, you're going to lead a lonely life. If you find a girl who can accept you for who you are, then happiness awaits.

Runciter said:
Why should it be something to be ashamed of?

If, when asked about past relationships, you answer "It just never happened for me," and she judges you because of it. You're better off without her. If you're lying about your past to get women, you're going to lead a lonely life. If you find a girl who can accept you for who you are, then happiness awaits.

Exactly, Runciter. Lying about it doesn't really make anything better. In fact, I'd be more mad about the fact that someone lied, and then I would be mad about the fact that they felt like they had to lie in order to what? Impress me? If you think liars are impressive, sure. Go right ahead. I think a lot of people would agree with me when I say I'd appreciate honesty more, especially right off the bat meeting someone. We're not a minority, Rdor. You only think it's a minority because you've talked to superficial females. It almost saddens me that they've lowered your thoughts and soured your opinion towards women.

@Rdor

If you think of yourself as ugly, that could be the problem right there.

Looks are very subjective. Several people refer to that actress Lea Michele as ugly, but I find her to be one of the most beautiful women alive.

I have also heard Ryan Gosling called ugly by several people yet he is a major sex symbol.

People said Daniel Craig was too ugly to play James Bond, yet he is one of the sexiest men I can think of.

It's all about how you carry yourself, and some people are attracted to shy wallflowers

Working at a library is a respectable job, anyone who looks down on your for that is not worth your time.

I dated a lady who worked at the U.N. she was a diplomat made five times as much money as I do.

I am a janitor, I make good money because of my union, but it's still a job that most people look down on. This lady did not care about that at all. We got along on every other level. We read all the same books. She wasn't looking for a man to support her.

Not all women care about your salary or all that. Think about all the marriages where the fathers are stay at home dads and the mother goes to work every day and supports the family. I know women like that and they are totally happy and they love their husbands.

It's not all about money, status, or looks. It's really just about love in the end.

Latest posts

Back