I'm a 'good' guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldyoung

Reaction score
Hello, ladies.

I'm a good guy. I don't think much of myself, and joke about it regularly. I'm doing the right thing, by assuming I'm not worth your time. It's my gift to all women, by sacrificing my hopes of meeting someone, making sure I never step on anyone's toes.. I never speak to you unless I must. I take the seat furthest away from you. I take a different street.. All small things you may not notice.

Give me a compliment though, and the pervert/****** is out of the closet. Ready to harass and approach you in the most direct and indelicate manner. Ha! I got a compliment! That means you're okay with anything I say or do. You must be. You look terribly hot in those pants.. Would prefer a short skirt though.. Let me start telling you how great I am, since you apparently love that subj...

Oh wait.. Why do you look so disgusted!? You don't like me? Not anymore? Since when?

---
This is widely exaggerated to make a point, but anyone who can relate? :club:

That does not sound like the actions of a 'good,' guy to me...

Oldyoung said:
Hello, ladies.

I'm a good guy. I don't think much of myself, and joke about it regularly. I'm doing the right thing, by assuming I'm not worth your time. It's my gift to all women, by sacrificing my hopes of meeting someone, making sure I never step on anyone's toes.. I never speak to you unless I must. I take the seat furthest away from you. I take a different street.. All small things you may not notice.

Give me a compliment though, and the pervert/****** is out of the closet. Ready to harass and approach you in the most direct and indelicate manner. Ha! I got a compliment! That means you're okay with anything I say or do. You must be. You look terribly hot in those pants.. Would prefer a short skirt though.. Let me start telling you how great I am, since you apparently love that subj...

Oh wait.. Why do you look so disgusted!? You don't like me? Not anymore? Since when?

---
This is widely exaggerated to make a point, but anyone who can relate? :club:
I'm incredibly shy around women in most cases and probably come off to many as not being too confident, which is accurate.

I don't usually let compliments from women, rare as they are, get to my head but in the past I have maybe based too much of my temporary confidence on these compliments and said things that make people think I'm too cocky and flirty for my own good.

I can certainly relate, I based my self esteem entirely on how a certain girl felt about me and I crashed and burned. Afterwards I was mocked and my life was made hell on top of my already turbulent feelings over the matter.

You're not alone anyway and I'm sure many others can relate to this.

Runciter said:

The point I wanted to make was that even shy people can get over confident. And also how miserable both approaches are.. (too shy, too confident)

and 60% = pure rant

Oldyoung said:
The point I wanted to make was that even shy people can get over confident. And also how miserable both approaches are.. (too shy, too confident)

and 60% = pure rant

**** the internet for not conveying irony. :p

Oldyoung said:
Runciter said:

and 60% = pure rant
The problem is knowing how much confidence equates to arrogance.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
There is a strong difference between being confident, and being a total *******.

It would be a lot easier for men to know where that fine line was if stupid women stopped sleeping with complete arsehole thus validating their outdated views on females being sex-objects.

When I say 'stupid women,' I refer to the minority of women who are truly stupid and I'm not calling all women stupid.

Does this mean that "letting the monkey out of the cage" at the first sign of interst is not an option? :p

Felix said:
Does this mean that "letting the monkey out of the cage" at the first sign of interst is not an option? :p

It's always an option. Though it's more likely to leave you on the sex offenders list instead of another date. :p

Skid Row 89 said:
Oldyoung said:
Runciter said:

and 60% = pure rant
The problem is knowing how much confidence equates to arrogance.

I don't like confident women. I like charming women instead.

duff said:
I don't like confident women. I like charming women instead.

images

Am I doing it right?

At least two people got it. :club: She's a snake charmer... thus, a charming lady...

Latest posts

Back