I started to hurt myself again and I hate it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just recently I've begun to hurt myself again after months that I stopped doing that, but it's just this one issue that happened months ago and it's really bothering me. This drug dealer(I didn't know at first) that I met through a person that I was interested. As a lonely soul such as myself, I jumped at any chance to hang out with someone. About a week later he said told her and some of his friend that I tried to intimidate him just because I had a knife with me to fix a computer. Now I feel like no one will hang out with me after that happened. I told her that he said that but it seemed like she didn't care or didn't know . I have medication for depression and anxiety, but it's Ramadan and can't take any of it. By me not being able to take my pills, I started to hurt myself. I'm mainly looking for listening ears, but feel free to cheer me up.

As-salamu alaykum, African_weasel,

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I'm sorry too that no one has replied to either of your threads, I really don't know why this is.

You need to be able to control your self-harming issue, it's really not a healthy thing to be doing and you should do all you can to control it.

Have you spoken to your doctor concerning Ramadan? I would have thought that there might be a way where he can help you with doses etc. so that you're able to medicate only after sunset. I would also recommend talking to your Imam about it, I was under the impression that medication can be excluded from the rules of Ramadan but as I am not a muslim myself I don't wish to make presumptions on this. But correct me of I'm wrong, Ramadan is all about exercising self-control, yes? Self-harm is, in a way, just a lack of self control in itself and given the choice between loosing control and taking medication or losing control and harming yourself, I would think that the medication is the lesser of two evils. But again, this is based on my limited experience of Islam and you should really talk it through with your doctor and Imam.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing a friend who is a drug dealer, you should try to spend time with people who wont cause any more stress to your life.

I hope you can find some peace and I wish you luck.

Runciter said:
But correct me of I'm wrong, Ramadan is all about exercising self-control, yes? Self-harm is, in a way, just a lack of self control in itself

Yes, correct. If you could and had to stop the meds because of Ramadan, then you can stop the self-harm because of Ramadan too. Cos you might as well not consider the month of Ramadan as a reason why you stopped your meds if you're going to continue self-harming yourself. Defeats the purpose of you observing your holy month.

Anyway, what Runciter said above. Good luck.

Runciter said:
As-salamu alaykum, African_weasel,

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I'm sorry too that no one has replied to either of your threads, I really don't know why this is.

You need to be able to control your self-harming issue, it's really not a healthy thing to be doing and you should do all you can to control it.

Have you spoken to your doctor concerning Ramadan? I would have thought that there might be a way where he can help you with doses etc. so that you're able to medicate only after sunset. I would also recommend talking to your Imam about it, I was under the impression that medication can be excluded from the rules of Ramadan but as I am not a muslim myself I don't wish to make presumptions on this. But correct me of I'm wrong, Ramadan is all about exercising self-control, yes? Self-harm is, in a way, just a lack of self control in itself and given the choice between loosing control and taking medication or losing control and harming yourself, I would think that the medication is the lesser of two evils. But again, this is based on my limited experience of Islam and you should really talk it through with your doctor and Imam.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing a friend who is a drug dealer, you should try to spend time with people who wont cause any more stress to your life.
He wasn't my friend nor, I don't associate with those people at all. I was going to report him to the local police department the day he told me, however that escaped my mind when that happened. I can take medicine that is not pill or liquid form.

ladyforsaken said:
Runciter said:
But correct me of I'm wrong, Ramadan is all about exercising self-control, yes? Self-harm is, in a way, just a lack of self control in itself

Yes, correct. If you could and had to stop the meds because of Ramadan, then you can stop the self-harm because of Ramadan too. Cos you might as well not consider the month of Ramadan as a reason why you stopped your meds if you're going to continue self-harming yourself. Defeats the purpose of you observing your holy month.

Anyway, what Runciter said above. Good luck.

It started back up two weeks ago. Like i I said, this happened moths ago, it comes up when I think about it.

Latest posts

Back