Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do poor people get only what's left?
(07-25-2013, 03:02 PM)LeaningIntoTheMuse Wrote: Yes, they can. Ask Eve, Minus, or Sci-Fi nicely.

And by nicely, we mean you have to make them cakes. And brownies. Some cookies wouldn't hurt either.
I figure most of them could be bribed with cash.
I've got to say, for a community of people who are all feeling lonely in life, you guys have done a great job of mocking a guy who suffers from depression and self-harm just because his question wasn't very clear. I'm sure it was all intended as humour but I wonder if anyone considered the OPs feelings on the matter.
[Image: 41wt.jpg]
(07-26-2013, 05:07 AM)Runciter Wrote: I've got to say, for a community of people who are all feeling lonely in life, you guys have done a great job of mocking a guy who suffers from depression and self-harm just because his question wasn't very clear. I'm sure it was all intended as humour but I wonder if anyone considered the OPs feelings on the matter.

Here here, Ranciter having read this post maybe I was right about my feelings for some of the members here. How can you even make humour of someone who self harms? what are you all schoolyard bullies?? I tell you, you like to act like king d*ck and mouth/high and mighty on here but in real life, you wouldn't have a chance. I don't think some of you even want help, just to stay in your serf pitying little ways and to kick people down. Typical example of people who have an agenda and to have this forum all to themselves and selected members who don't question anything you say or do. Well, I'm sorry but me and Ranciter know better!
Did either of you see his original post? It made no sense at all. I'm guessing no since neither of you posted in this thread until AFTER the original post was edited, which still wasn't completely clear about what he was asking. Both of you come in here after the thread gets somewhat on track to create drama when it isn't needed. The OP even apologized and didn't seem to take anyone's comments as mocking. You've come to that conclusion yourselves.

I don't know how many forums you've been on but responses like those are very common when someone makes a post that is difficult to understand. It has nothing to do with a person who self harms, what does that even have to do with anything in the first place? I think it's terrible you would try to link others confusion or humour attempts to that. A lot of people here have been on the receiving end of mocking or negative feedback at some point. I'm disgusted that something like that would be used to belittle others or try to make them feel bad. Don't you think that maybe some of those people have self harmed?

Retrospecitve81 I've also already warned you once about calling people of the forum names, adding an * doesn't make it okay. As well I find it ironic how you are sitting there insulting others calling them high and mighty and how you know better after some of the posts you made.

(07-25-2013, 10:30 PM)Runciter Wrote: Don't worry, we'll all be poor and hungry soon enough. Rolleyes
(07-26-2013, 05:07 AM)Runciter Wrote: I've got to say, for a community of people who are all feeling lonely in life, you guys have done a great job of mocking a guy who suffers from depression and self-harm just because his question wasn't very clear. I'm sure it was all intended as humour but I wonder if anyone considered the OPs feelings on the matter.

So how does your first post not make you mocking? You make some general comment with a rolling eyes emoticon. To me you are not taking the topic seriously at all, yet think it is okay for you to belittle others you feel where mocking. It's probably not what you intended but that's how it looks to me.

As for the intended topic.

(07-25-2013, 02:33 PM)LeaningIntoTheMuse Wrote: But I'd like to turn this into an actual topic. Why do poor people get what's left? Do you mean, why do they get hand me downs, used things, and can't afford expensive things?

The reason for this is that the rich seem confident in being rich, and they don't want to change that. They are so busy bleeding the middle class, that pretty soon it'll be the very poor and the very rich, and there will be no middle class. Politicians have a lot to do with this.

I'd like to expand on this a bit. If you go by the food bank in my home town the majority of people you see standing outside have a pet with them, a cup of coffee from the local chain, and a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. How can they afford any of those things if they have to go to a food bank? Some put themselves there because they don't know how to budget money and use up services that are intended for those who really actually do need it. Around here we have lots of food/toy drives to help out people who need it, sadly there are people like I mentioned that use up these resources.

It all depends on what type of poor people African was referring to.

[Image: p5XQ_g.gif]
@Sci-Fi
I did happen to see the OPs original post, I didn't reply because it didn't make sense to me. I only decided to post something after Muse had managed to make sense of the question. My comment was intended to make light about the fact that with the way the world is going, we will all be poor and hungry soon enough. I can understand that perhaps you didn't see it that way but do you not see that the rest of this thread could quite as easily be misinterpreted? At least I was commenting on the actual topic of the thread and not having fun at the expense of the OPs communication skills.

I'm sure there are others here who have self-harmed, which is why I'm somewhat baffled by some of the responses. People in that situation would surely know how easy it can be to trigger someone in that position. I'm not surprised the OP apologized after the way this thread went but I don't see why he needed to in the first place, all he did was communicate somewhat ineffectively. I've been on many forums and I'm well aware of how people are treated on them but I assumed that people on a forum dedicated to the lonely might be a little more respectful.

As I said in my post, I'm sure it was all intended as humour. I'm quite offended that you think I am attempting to belittle others and create drama. Since I've been here I have been nothing but open and honest, I've done my best to help people, remain respectful and most of all to be truthful. My previous post was just me being truthful about what I saw after rereading the thread and 3 separate people respected that post so I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way.
[Image: 41wt.jpg]
Most humorous comments are made all in good fun. I don't think anything was meant to school yard bully anyone. I understand that some people have different senses of humor, and the OP didn't seem too offended or harmed at all. If I was to say something to hurt THE OP'S feelings, I would absolutely offer THE OP an apology. No harm was meant, just tossed out a chuckle.

I think more drama will be created by far with someone coming in making something out of nothing.

And you should really watch calling the kettle black, pot.
Can someone point me to the post in this thread that references self-harm. Either Im exhausted or blind, because I can't find it. o_O
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
(07-26-2013, 11:22 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: Can someone point me to the post in this thread that references self-harm. Either Im exhausted or blind, because I can't find it. o_O

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.ph...#pid529942
Follow my social media for updates

Twitter: Sweet10theLow
Instagram: SweetenLow_
Tumblr: swee10low.tumblr.com
(07-26-2013, 11:39 AM)African_weasel Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 11:22 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: Can someone point me to the post in this thread that references self-harm. Either Im exhausted or blind, because I can't find it. o_O

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.ph...#pid529942

Perhaps I was confused because there is nothing in THIS thread about self-harm. That's a completely different thread - no wonder I didn't see anything about self-harm in this thread.
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are people nicer to you online than in the real world? TheHydromancer 131 32,548 07-27-2019, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Red Mouse
test So, You Have People Trying to Murder You - Who Do You Call for Help? AlertChristians 4 717 05-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
Cool Reasons Why Some People are So Thin and Twiggy Narrow AlertChristians 7 737 04-30-2019, 03:13 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  People are Being Attacked by Those with Supernatural Abilities or by Demons AlertChristians 105 2,978 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Racism: Dark skinned people are frowned upon and not the other way around. Azariah 18 1,912 04-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Last Post: ITellYouHhwut
  Lonely Old People 9006 18 12,163 06-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Serephina
  Illuminati vs The People (Freemason Capstone Osiris Archangel Michael) Zion Matrix Phaedron 1 2,739 10-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: 9006
  Art Bell - The Shadow People Phaedron 11 6,655 07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  I'm wondering if people thinks video game is art. deerhooves 8 3,234 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Explaining gay people to kids Felix 47 9,803 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse