Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do poor people get only what's left?
(07-26-2013, 09:25 AM)Sci-Fi Wrote: Did either of you see his original post? It made no sense at all.

This. No, we didn't intend to make it seem like we were mocking him in any way. But, his original un-edited post made absolutely zero sense.
Wait, what?

Chill people. This is somewhere between what Sci Fi and Runiciter said. I can understand both their perspectives, because the OP does suffer from a mental illness, but people did act in basic human nature by responding nonsense and meme's to a post that didn't make sense at all. Every forum I've been on, depression or just random topics, love to have a good time at something that doesn't make sense. I've seen threads turn to 20 pages, based on just an OP that turned into something else. I even started a thread, deleted the OP and said "this is a bad idea", and it went on for 5 pages until I believe Eve shut it down (and this was back in 2012!)

The OP wasn't offended that his OP was misinterpreted. Let's just move on. I understood what he was talking about, because I interpreted his thread title.

Quote:I'd like to expand on this a bit. If you go by the food bank in my home town the majority of people you see standing outside have a pet with them, a cup of coffee from the local chain, and a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. How can they afford any of those things if they have to go to a food bank? Some put themselves there because they don't know how to budget money and use up services that are intended for those who really actually do need it. Around here we have lots of food/toy drives to help out people who need it, sadly there are people like I mentioned that use up these resources.

It all depends on what type of poor people African was referring to.

Oh, believe me I know what that's like. I see homeless people with iPods, begging on street corners. It's like, how could you A.) afford an ipod? and B.) afford a computer, with iTunes, to load the iPod up with music? You aren't really poor. Poor people can't afford these things.

Not to mention that, a lot of the homeless people I see begging on street corners, have drug or alcohol problems. I actually once bought a homeless man sitting outside a McDonalds a cheeseburger and fries, when he asked for $2 for a meal, and when I went to give it to him, he was gone. He wasn't hungry, he wanted dope.

I'm not disparaging the poor, because I'm middle class, and I do know what it's like to want something and not be able to get it. If I were rich, I would A.) build my own home studio, with a $3,000 mixing board, B.) buy an expensive, top of the line Apple desktop computer, which goes for $2,999, and C.) Build onto the house, and probably buy a swimming pool (another $1,999 spent.)

Am I able to achieve these dreams? Maybe, one day, when I get through college. But, right now, I have to be satisfied with what I have. And be grateful for what I have. I have food, water, clothes on my back, shelter from storms and outside weather, a home to sleep in, and living beings and friends and family who love me. The best things in life can't be bought.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Now, the person at the food bank with a pet, I'm okay with. For some people, that pet is their only real companion and/ or protection. Also, if they give up the pet, it might be put to sleep, which could make them feel even worse, which could trigger a downward spiral for their emotional health.
[/size]
[/align]
(07-26-2013, 03:34 PM)LeaningIntoTheMuse Wrote: B.) buy an expensive, top of the line Apple desktop computer, which goes for $2,999

I assume that would be for music, yeah? You do know that Apples are no longer the best for music or rendering, yeah? For that amount, you could build your own PC with better specs and have exactly what you need/want.
(07-27-2013, 10:22 PM)VanillaCreme Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 03:34 PM)LeaningIntoTheMuse Wrote: B.) buy an expensive, top of the line Apple desktop computer, which goes for $2,999

I assume that would be for music, yeah? You do know that Apples are no longer the best for music or rendering, yeah? For that amount, you could build your own PC with better specs and have exactly what you need/want.
Oh my.........................with regard to the threat title.......simply.....incredible.....
Fair enough.

It's not about Apple computers or wanting something really expensive. When there is someone who is homeless, all they want is food, shelter, clothes on their back, and a roof over their head.

Some people don't know when they've been blessed.

And I did say this at the end, which Vanilla and the poster below her overlooked.

Quote:But, right now, I have to be satisfied with what I have. And be grateful for what I have. I have food, water, clothes on my back, shelter from storms and outside weather, a home to sleep in, and living beings and friends and family who love me. The best things in life can't be bought.
Sorry, LeaningIntoTheMuse, I simply quoted wrong. It was not my intention to include YOUR post .
(07-28-2013, 10:36 PM)quintus Wrote: Sorry, LeaningIntoTheMuse, I simply quoted wrong. It was not my intention to include YOUR post .

Then it was meant for me then, yeah? Yeah, doesn't make sense to me, much like this entire thread. Sorry. Club
Okay, Vanilla, I'll deviate from this thread.

I want a computer that will record music professionally. The Apple would be for my recording studio, and I would be hooking it up to microphones and instruments. I also would love to have Pro Tools or Garage Band, and I believe Pro Tools works better on Apples...at least that's what my musician friends tell me. If you are a music producer, you use Apple.

I regret even mentioning that, because you can't let it go. This thread wasn't about that, and it's about poor people not being able to afford nice things, or even food.
I also feel that the poor are really easy to take advantage of.
Follow my social media for updates

Twitter: Sweet10theLow
Instagram: SweetenLow_
Tumblr: swee10low.tumblr.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are people nicer to you online than in the real world? TheHydromancer 131 32,548 07-27-2019, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Red Mouse
test So, You Have People Trying to Murder You - Who Do You Call for Help? AlertChristians 4 717 05-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
Cool Reasons Why Some People are So Thin and Twiggy Narrow AlertChristians 7 737 04-30-2019, 03:13 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  People are Being Attacked by Those with Supernatural Abilities or by Demons AlertChristians 105 2,978 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Racism: Dark skinned people are frowned upon and not the other way around. Azariah 18 1,912 04-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Last Post: ITellYouHhwut
  Lonely Old People 9006 18 12,163 06-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Serephina
  Illuminati vs The People (Freemason Capstone Osiris Archangel Michael) Zion Matrix Phaedron 1 2,739 10-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: 9006
  Art Bell - The Shadow People Phaedron 11 6,655 07-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  I'm wondering if people thinks video game is art. deerhooves 8 3,234 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Explaining gay people to kids Felix 47 9,803 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse