need your perspective people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonin151

Reaction score
i have this insecurity ive been hiding since i was 18 i never spoke this to anyone only here. Now im 19 i really feel like a growned up person but

people never treats me on their age, they dont even respect me, and whenever i see people giving fliers i usually evade because they just ignore me
and why the hell do they give fliers to him/her why not me? is it because im a kid? why do people treat me or call me dong(thats what they call on people who are younger or a child)

and i cannot call teenagers on my age tol or bai( that the name they call when on the same age) whenever we are outside of
school, but when i discovers that they are students, i go like wow they look so matured for their age.
thats also a reason why i never shave my mustache and cut my hair because i believe it will make you more older
but my parents dont understand they make me so sick they say its very untidy and dirty
and this is one of my problem on girls because i always think that she is too old or too big for me although im only
5,5 in height and 55 kilos, and i cant go to they gym because i think they too would disrespect me for being young.
so do you think i really look that young for my age? i want someones perspective so i will know if im just delusional
please be honest.!

You don't look young for 19.

I generally find people look older with short hair though, it really depends on the person though.

Facial hair isn't untidy though. It looks fine.

I wouldn't worry about looking young, you actually look older than 19, but looking young isn't something you can do much about even if you did.

I'm 33 and people will still come up to me and say I look like a teenager. I thought it was because I dress young but one time I was in a nice suit and this guy said I looked like a little boy in a suit.

And I'm 6' 2" so I'm not even little.

You can't change your looks to fit some ideal, the best you can do is be as healthy as possible from the inside and take care of yourself.

Heh heh... My spouse is 25. He looks like he is 19. Let alone when he shaves! lol. If you keep facial hair nicely trimmed, and your hair tidy as well (short or long), you look more professional overall, and older as well. My one friend, looks amazing with neat facial hair, and tidy longer hair he slicks back - looks VERY good on him, whereas someone else... Probably not :p

Don't let your appearance or age stop you from doing what you want. If someone says "you are too young for this" I bet you could prove them wrong. If you want to go to the gym... Go.

I have always looked young and can sympathise with you about it, as it used to really rile me as well in my late teens and early twenties. I can't see a photo of you so can't say if you look young for your age or not. Could you grow a beard? A former friend of mine married a man who looked very young for his age till he grew a beard.

bonin151 said:
and this is one of my problem on girls because i always think that she is too old or too big for me . . .

You lost me at this. Too big? What does that have to do with looking young or not shaving your beard?

Latest posts

Back