how many people thought of ending ur own life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Twice. Both times I downed pills but all it did was left me really sedated. It was the second time that I did it (Christmas 2010) when I woke up from my sedated state, although still really depressed, I actually found there was a reason for me to live. Since then, I haven't thought about it. Yes I still get sad, lonely, and a little depressed here and there, but not to the point where I want to try and kill myself.

yes I thought about it. What made me stop was because it was too painful for me to do. I tried hanging myself.

African_weasel said:
yes I thought about it. What made me stop was because it was too painful for me to do. I tried hanging myself.

i guess living is more easier than dieing..

paresh3d said:
have u thought of sucide ... and what stopped you from doing it?

I think about it regularly, but I've never acted on it. What has stopped me thus far?

1. fear of pain and ending all I've ever known;
  2. love for my family;
  3. my stubbornness and the hope I still have;
  4. the knowledge that I'll die in due time anyway.

paresh3d said:

I've thought about it, but I can only imagine how loved ones would react, I would never do that to them. Also I think it's kind of a waste of a life, there are some people who'd gladly swap their lives with you/me.. whatever your going through.

I haven't seriously thought of committing suicide. It would cause my family way too much pain. Plus, I want my death to be beneficial to them (i.e. some money left for them).

When I was a christian, I often prayed that I would just die. I wanted to die so bad. I really wanted it to be over before I turned 18... then 21... now I am over it.

I will die like everyone else - from poor health or a car accident.

paresh3d said:

I have. I didn't really have any reason to keep living at the time, no loved ones, nothing I cared about anymore, etc. But like a good friend told me just last night, you only get one life. Might as well make the best of it while it lasts.

I don't feel ready to speak even a little bit about it in group and i also don't wanna break the forum rules, but to your first question i answer with an honest yes, i did since i was a teenager and sometimes i still do.

Locke said:
paresh3d said:

I have. I didn't really have any reason to keep living at the time, no loved ones, nothing I cared about anymore, etc. But like a good friend told me just last night, you only get one life. Might as well make the best of it while it lasts.

That's where YOLO comes in.

Thought about it alot but never made plans... I think because deep inside I'm afraid of going to hell. I mean... If I think this is bad.... Hell?!? I know some of you guys think that's dumb but I refuse to live believing that there is nothing after death.

Yes, many times when I was severely depressed... I started to think about my loved ones and a trip to the hospital opened my eyes.

I have tried in the past. If I wasn't scared of maybe going to hell, I would kill myself now as I am so lonely. I have no family, so there would be noone who would be left devastated.

I have. Not good. I don't think it's quite fair to other people around, whether they care about you or not.

But I do understand too how sometimes, when someone is so down and depressed.. thinking of those around them is really the last thing that comes to their minds. :\

Let me put it this way. In a time I'd rather forget at this point, I used to have vivid fantasies of exactly how I'd go about it, the weapon involved, and using my death as a way to hurt all of the people in my life that I loved and that loved me for, in hindsight, very illogical feelings I had toward them...

Like I said, it's hard to think about, but we all have to bring out the feelings somehow, or else succumb to the pain we harbor because of them.

Latest posts

Back