Internet culture has created more Hypergamous/picky women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Peppers

Reaction score
Before the home internet became main stream in most households (about the years 1999-2002 here in the U.K), if women wanted attention and wanted to be approached by guys they HAD to pro-active in person and could only get that from men who approached them in schools, colleges, work, sports or clubs/bars/parties. There was no sitting in your house in front of a computer screen talking to random men from around the world, deleting or blocking those men you thought were ugly or undesirable. People made plans and hung out IRL to fulfill their social needs. Now, the internet and Facebook have created a depersonalized, superficial, albeit more connected, world. People no longer see other people as humans but as internet profiles. Facebook allows women to create an online 'celebrity' of themselves that isn't real, these women use it for attention-seeking and it inflates their egos and sense of self worth, which creates self-esteem issues for others who view these people's lives and see themselves as inferior. It also extends the high school clique 'popularity contest', of the narcissistic mentality past high school into adult life, whereas in the past this mentality typically tapered off during the college years.

Instead of hanging out in real life, women are obtaining their social gratification and ego-stroking pleasure through social media and message boards, and on dating sites (even though many have no intention of dating - they just sign up to see how many men they can attract and cocktease!). In the pre-internet days, average-looking women were more humble, they could only choose from the men that approached them, they couldn't log onto a social media site with their picture and sieve through 100's of messages guys send them a week telling them they're beautiful and begging for dates, only to pick out the best looking or higher status males. What it has created is that more average-looking women now think they are hot honeysuckle and too good for looks-matched (average-) men. These average women are delusional about their own attractiveness: the 5's think they are 8's etc. She now think she deserves an 8/10 man and will hold out for nothing less.

It is literally hypergamy in its most potent form. Ugly/fat women can now get average-looking or even hot men who have fetishes for their body types/looks. What it means is that more average/ugly men remain single and will struggle to get dates with average women that spend a lot of time 'attention whoring' online.

So there it is. My conclusion is that the invention of the internet has made it harder on men when it comes to finding a mate (unless your handsome) and a revelation for all women from hot to ugly/fat.

Just gonna give you a heads up here since I'm starting to see a trend in your posts, misogyny (or something that can be interpreted as such) is gonna get you banned real fast.

Poor 'Brian Peppers'. I got halfway through the second line before I gave up reading. Did someone have problems with mummy?

I don't see this contributing anything rational or positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back