Failed my driving test for the 3rd time today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maybelazy

Reaction score
hi, I need somewhere to vent and I know I'll get a sympathetic ear here.

I Failed my driving test for the 3rd time today. Absolutely gutted. I was super nervous. and the tester gave out to me for being nervous. It's really crap, I already felt bad about myself as it is and now this.....

Outside of my immediate family, I can't remember the last time someone did something nice for me. And my family don't really count, cause they kinda have to.

My so called friends never make an effort to see me. No-one really gives a crap about me. I can't seem to get people to like me. I've been told I've too much self-pity, I'm angry and needy. All of that is true to some extent, but here's the problem; I look around and everyone else seems to be getting more than me, with happy relationships where people value them, and make them feel good about themselves. I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but its hard.

Everything good I have in my self comes from my own hard work, my job, my qualifications, my flat, my stuff. I'm not a bad person, I do nice things for other people. It's always me making the effort to see other people.

The only time I ever get invited to stuff is when people need numbers.

All I want is the same as what everyone else is getting, not feeling like I'm worthless because no-one ever wants to spend time with me.

Thanks for listening. I know I went way off point but right now I'm really hurting. It's not just the driving test, its everything.

I wouldn't worry about failing your driving test, it's rare people pass it first time nowadays. I read in the paper just last week that some woman failed her driving test 105 times and has spent over £3,000! It's very doubtful you'll ever beat that! I'd just give up after 5 times; if you've not passed by then it's a sign!

Well at least you have some friends rather than none, don't forget that there's different types of friendships. From my experience some "friends" simply are lazy and neglect people and it's me making all the effort, that doesn't mean I don't like to hang out with them, though.

Don't get bogged down with all the negatives, like you said you've worked hard for the things you do have and I think that makes it much more worth while.

fresia giving up, it took me 5 tries to get my license! The brute force method will eventually get you it.

Keep goin' man. Sometimes it's an uphill battle, but eventually you'll get to the top and flourish.

It is unfortunate that you didn't pass, however it is not the end of the world :) It seems like there is more that is bothering you though. It is important to keep pushing forwards; It seems like there are a lot of things that you can be positive about so attempt to think positively and it can do wonders. You can overcome this.

Don't beat yourself up about not passing your driving test. You will pass it one day. I have never learned to drive-I daydream too much and I can't cope with traffic lights-so you have more courage than I have to be learning to drive at all.
Like you I have been called needy, angry, self pitying etc by certain people, but it is **** hard to remain positive and to value yourself when noone around you seems to think much of you and when your emotional needs are not being met. You have my understanding and my sympathy. I admire the way you are building a life for yourself with little support.

Can't say much about the driving test, it didn't give me any problems, but I don't think you have to feel guilty about feeling like you are being socially marginalized. That you do feel that guilt means there is some self-awareness going on, which means that the actual situation is probably grounded in some truth. I had a similar situation in high school. I was the one responsible for putting together most outings my friends and I had, but, on the occasions that someone else came up with something to do, I was almost always left out. So, I can sympathize with your situation. Your friends hit you up when the need you (for numbers in your case), but they never seem to want you. I have no idea how to get around it, but I wanted to let you know that I don't think you are just imagining it or feeling too sorry for yourself.

Thanks for the supportive posts guys. I think this forum is really great at providing a listening ear, and people who can relate.

Thankfully things are a bit easier today.

@cicerolion - It's a tough balance isn't it? It's bittersweet to organise stuff, and have people take an interest, but it's awful when no-one does the same for you. I try and plan things to keep myself occupied, so that I'm not depending on others. It's the only answer I know.

@Tiina63 I hate the name calling and the labeling. Calling someone needy and self absorbed is like saying they aren't entitled to feel the way they do.

I guess the moral of the story is that setbacks hurt more when you don't have a support structure.

I'm too scared to take a driving licence. But I wish you good luck for the next test!

Hi,

Just wanted to update this with some happy news. I sat my test for the 4th time and failed, but on the 5th time I got it!

So keep on tryin'!

maybelazy said:
Hi,

Just wanted to update this with some happy news. I sat my test for the 4th time and failed, but on the 5th time I got it!

So keep on tryin'!

Awesome! Glad you got it. :)

Congratulations! You should be proud. You didn't give in and, in the end, you were rewarded. :D

Bright Blessings to you on attaining your shiny new license. ^.^

maybelazy said:
Hi,

So keep on tryin'!

Hey thats awesome news im very happy for you :) i was reading over the thread and i was wondering why people were replying to a thread from 2013 lol but now i see. Thats seriously great im glad you got it congratulations!!

You should come to America where everybody passes, because everybody needs a car to get around.

I quite literally passed through a stop sign and still passed my test.

maybelazy said:
Hi,

So keep on tryin'!

Nice to hear you passed! Congratulations! :)

-Teresa

You think that's bad you should Google other people's stories and chuckle it off lol

lonelydoc said:
You should come to America where everybody passes, because everybody needs a car to get around.

I quite literally passed through a stop sign and still passed my test.

:D that's funny

Latest posts

Back