Time is for the right decision?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
So one of my friends is the most negative person i have ever seen.. He is the kind of guy that loves to remind you and everyone else around you of ones embarrassing past events. He is always there to criticize you and your actions JUST BECAUSE it's not in the way that he would prefer to do them or because someone else he admire had its own way of doing that thing even though that someone he admires is clueless about that random thing. He is incredibly communicative person that knows how to be in the center of attention and knows masses of people and people kinda accept him as someone who can lead groups. When someone is feeling anxious he is there to fresia you up even worse and then blow some 2-3 years old rumors about you. He is a fat guy that bully everyone else while he should be fixing himself instead.. I tried many different ways of communicating with him and he is always the same old ******, he claims he is born to be psychotherapist while he is actually doing everything opposite of that. The thing is that he isn't even aware of his behavior even though he is warned of it.. When someone is feeling bad about his behavior or just warns him of it he thinks that someone is overreacting and feeling paranoid for no reason.
This guys negativity simply jumps on me and ruins my day and today it made me post this thread.
I was thinking that i should stop hanging with this guy and my oldest friends simply because this guys attitude and negative behavior towards LIFE generally is not something i could deal with successfully. I think i should hang with them only when Mr. ****** isn't there and when he is i'll hang with friends from other part of the hood that i value as much as the older friends group.
I have plenty of friends and i think if i feel bad about this guy/group i should simply start hanging with other group of friends? What do you think?

If this guy has been told that his remarks are causing offence and he is hurting people's feelings, and still does it, then you are best not bothering with him. It would be a shame not to stay friends with the others though if they are good to you. The other option is to carry on as you are and choose not to let what he says bother you, or find a way of turning his words into a game. Not sure if any of that helps, but hope you find the right solution for you :).

Then you should avoid spending time with this person as much as possible. No need for people like this around you.

I think that your suggestion that you would only meet with this particular group of friends when he isn't there is a good one. This way you would avoid being upset and worked up over him and you would still be friends with the others in the group.

Wow, this guy you're describing sounds just like my ex. He sounds like a very toxic person. Especially since people keep telling him how his actions are upsetting everyone. Hope everything ends up working out okay.

Just try telling him how you feel and about what he's doing. If he continues on acting the same way-simply hang out with him less.

Latest posts

Back