--Pretend Relationships-- for the sake of practice, anyone interested?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphacompton

Reaction score
So , I have this crazy idea about having pretend relationships. It came to me when I was being advised about how to start a relationship (thus spurring the realization that I wouldn't be able to talk to a girl in a natural manner even if I had the chance) So there is a lot of problems with random people hooking up and so I believe that if we have "fake" relationships we can talk to each other online in a way that let's us express ideas and creativity and let us know if we're doing it right or coming up with awkward ideas/situations and don't have to worry about commitments or being judged. For example, If you have a really "good" pick up line and you're saving it for that one girl/guy and it turns out it's offensive because of a recent incident then it wouldn't be helpful , it would be awful and distasteful but if we tell it to our fake partner first you'll know ahead of time, not to mention the partner will know if the person who gives a similar line is hitting on them, or making fun of them or just making small talk.

I'm a 27 year old male, so if anyone is interested in practicing talking to someone like me , send me a message, I like video games , religious debates, alien theories, electronics and science in most fields as well as romance, motivation, and teaching.

That just sound like you're looking for a good friend.

It sounds like you just need a friend for meaningless flirtation. I always tell people they can do that with me.

It sounds good in theory with someone, just watch be careful if you don't want the feelings to actually develop, I can see that as the only draw back, but that can be a great thing if wanted on both sides :).

nerdygirl said:
It sounds like you just need a friend for meaningless flirtation. I always tell people they can do that with me.

Meaningless flirtation. I actually like the way that sounds. I've always tried looking for something like that even when I wasn't in any kind of relationship. Although I have a kick ass fiance, I still like flirting to keep the mind at ease and allows the mind to remain open. I believe in having an open mind with things.

nerdygirl said:

Be careful what you wish for. LOL

will normal said:
Meaningless flirtation. I actually like the way that sounds. I've always tried looking for something like that even when I wasn't in any kind of relationship. Although I have a kick ass fiance, I still like flirting to keep the mind at ease and allows the mind to remain open. I believe in having an open mind with things.

Fustar said:
Be careful what you wish for. LOL

I generally flirt with almost everybody. I'm often a bit outrageous about it. This can make some people uncomfortable, but at the same time, it's usually so bold that people cannot help knowing I most likely don't mean anything by it. I tone it down a lot with friends I'm especially close to or people who are in romantic relationships, because I don't want to risk anybody getting hurt.

nerdygirl said:
I generally flirt with almost everybody. I'm often a bit outrageous about it. This can make some people uncomfortable, but at the same time, it's usually so bold that people cannot help knowing I most likely don't mean anything by it. I tone it down a lot with friends I'm especially close to or people who are in romantic relationships, because I don't want to risk anybody getting hurt.

You're actually like me. I tend to flirt with everybody as well. Making some people uncomfortable is actually not a bad thing. It just means their minds are not open to it and being an open book in more ways than one is not a bad thing. At the same time, I see where you're coming from with toning it down with some people. It shows although the book is open, you also don't let it get too personal in fear of losing something you hold dear, even if you're just playing around. If I put it the wrong way, just tell me. Regardless, I like the way you think.

Sounds fun. You should use fake names to further depersonalize yourself and use real names in parentheses when you want to speak as yourselves. That way, the subtext that you would generally miss can be explained. This would only work with on line communications though. In person is different, because of tone, interaction with environment, and body language. Dialogue's a good place to start though.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't realize people were replying already. Anyway yea I agree for the most part with what you guys are saying. It's pretty much just flirting but some people (like myself) don't have any real experience. Only what I see on TV or hear from friends. I'm the type of person that is usually only good thinking up stuff like that in advance but I've never tried it out so I don't know if what I say is inappropriate or cheesy or just plain meaningless.

I'm a lot more comfortable knowing it's only practice/pretend. From what I gather , one wrong comment and the girl/guy will never be interested in you. For the longest time I was under the belief that you need to be friends with a girl in order to get to know them and then ask them out. It wasn't until very late in highschool I realized girls don't like that , they want a guy to ask them out. I have no idea how that works but I really believe the the conversations would be good for people who feel lonely.
I'm sure having a few laughs along the way can only be a positive thing as well as anything to promote being social.

Latest posts

Back