divorce is good or bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paresh3d

Reaction score
divorce is good or bad? how it affects on personal life?
express ur experience...

My parents divorced when I was 5. It was a good thing because they were grown apart and he didn't know how to take care of his family and two little children and his wife. But it was hard for me as young child, who really needed both parents and then I started to have cold relationship with my dad. Oh, and he cheated by the way... :/

In some cases divorce is very necessary, so it can be a good thing. But I believe it is bad when people can't be bothered trying. I hate the effects it has on others not just children but can affect the rest of the family too, depends how people behave during the divorce proceeding and after, it all comes down to people choices in how to behave.

Same could be asked about marriage.. if people have gotten into something then I personally prefer to see them try and fix issues before divorce, especially when marriages come to life after less then a year of dating. I suppose it is a personal pet peeve when people don't give each other enough time to get to know each other. That said, I also believe that sometimes it is beyond repair as witnessed by all the people wishing their parents just divorced instead of spending years miserable passing it onto kids.
Kids must be the top reason why couples stay together but honestly, it can be more damaging then not.

My wife walking out with the kids has been very painful for me, personally, but I can't imagine not having a legal recourse like divorce. I would, literally, be homeless by now and instead I get to see my girls every other weekend.

I would say that depends. It could be good. If the parents are constantly fighting, arguing, where it turns abusive... the kids are being affected regardless. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones, when my parents never really fought, and they were married for nearly 30 years.

It all depends on the scenarios. If your partner doesn't loves you any more or cannot be united in anyways, its better to go for divorce. This decision will be good for you and for your partner. And if the matter is simple and it can be solved just by discussing, then you must definitely go for it. Its always better to consult a divorce lawyer if the case is too complicated. My friend in Dubai had a very abusing husband and she suffered a lot. The case was really complicated but with the help of an Divorce lawyer in Dubai called AlSaadi Advocates everything was settled properly.

I am 58 and recently divorced. We have 2 grown and independent girls now. I am happy I did. I was in a coma for 2 yrs,then 1 yr of physio to get well again (2014-17). On my recovery, I noticed a different woman in my life. She 'stole' all my money in our joint account (closed account and threw away records of statements). When I asked she denied we had a joint account and claimed my coma had made me mad. I hired a PI and he gave me a report and pics of the man she was with. I gave copy of report to my girls and to her. I asked "You want to sign divorce and returned money you have stolen or I make a police report for you and your lover to explain to judge in court?" Within 1 month divorce done and she is now paying me monthly for money she has taken.

Adrian7878 said:
I am 58 and recently divorced. We have 2 grown and independent girls now. I am happy I did. I was in a coma for 2 yrs,then 1 yr of physio to get well again (2014-17). On my recovery, I noticed a different woman in my life. She 'stole' all my money in our joint account (closed account and threw away records of statements). When I asked she denied we had a joint account and claimed my coma had made me mad. I hired a PI and he gave me a report and pics of the man she was with. I gave copy of report to my girls and to her. I asked "You want to sign divorce and returned money you have stolen or I make a police report for you and your lover to explain to judge in court?" Within 1 month divorce done and she is now paying me monthly for money she has taken.
what a story!
hope your luck changes for the better now

Adrian7878 said:
what a story!
hope your luck changes for the better now

my wife's parents were divorced. I think it made my wife more cynical about romance, relationships and marriage. But hopefully now after 28 years of being married to me, she changes her mind.

Latest posts

Back