40 Days, 40 Nights

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sterling

So today I'm starting this "Master Cleanse". You're supposed to do it at the least, 10 days, but I'm going for the maximum amount of 40 days. I'm probably going to post on here everyday for the next 40 (or however long I last >.>) days.

On Friday, September 20, 2013...the 40 days are over.

So what exactly am I doing?

For the next 40 days...I shall be drinking this.

The lemonade is prepared by mixing the ingredients in this recipe:

- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.

- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. It has to be pure maple syrup, not any of that Mrs. Buttersworth lol. It's recommended to use Grade B organic, but Grade A can also be used.

- 1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

- Water. 8 ounces.

Each glass of this has 110 calories if you make it according to that. You're supposed to drink 6-12 glasses of that everyday. You can drink as much extra water as you want. So you're taking in 660 - 1320 calories, depending on how much you drink.

In the morning, you're supposed to do a "salt water flush". You're supposed to do this 90 minutes before you leave...anywhere. Stay close to a toilet and all of that. It's flushes out the digestive system.

- Sea Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 quart of warm water

At night, you're supposed to drink a laxative tea. But I've heard of people drinking a green tea instead. I bought a small sample of both to see which one I prefer.

Really, this 'diet' or 'fast' is supposed to be used as a detox. A lot of people use this as a 'kick start' for a diet or just for weight loss in general though. I'm doing it for detox reasons and for the kick start.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Day One:

I think I put too much cayenne pepper in the mixture. I forgot to measure and just sprinkled some in. After every drink my tongue is on fire. Other than that, it doesn't really taste bad. I was thinking about cooking food, then remembered I can't eat so that irritates me. I'm not really hungry. I think my problem is that I want to eat when I'm bored just so I have something to do. I have to pee a lot, but other than that...I'm good to go :D. Not looking forward to the salt water flush tomorrow :/

I prefer the beer diet, if I had the money maybe I'd try that for 40 days.

It hasn't really cost me as much as I expected. The syrup was like 6 dollars a bottle (12.5 fl oz), 50 cents per lemon (each lemon half is about 2 tbs), or 33 cents per lime (you can use limes too!). The cayenne pepper was $3 for a big bottle. I don't plan to use all of it, so I can use it in cooking when I'm done :D. Just need to keep stocked on the stuff.

The salt water flush was disgusting. Made me throw up :/. Mom made breakfast food for dinner -_-. I'm not sure I'm going to make it lol. Other than that, I feel really hydrated, but tired. Kind of have a headache.

Have u seen the documentary, "fat, sick and nearly dead"? It's a real good u should check it out. It's about the juicing diet.

To be honest LimLim,

I don't care much for my health I guess. I'm more worried about society's ideal beauty rather than health. Sad, but true.

On that note, about a day ago..I began puking up water. Not the salt water, just regular water. Frequently. Terrible headache. Felt like I was going to pass out. Ate actual food....was fine. Time to find another option.

EDIT: I am disappointed with myself that I only lasted a couple of days though -_-

Well even from the society's ideal beauty point of view, you'll end up being fatter in the long run doing this diet as most of what you lose on it is just the water weight that comes back in spades afterwards.

Is there a need to get to a goal weight fast? Doing something as simple as calorie counting and going a few hundred below your normal rate will see change in 6-8 months or so.

I've seen people keep off the weight.

I already calorie count. 6-8 months isn't ideal either.

All that sugar and lemon juice wont be good for your teeth. And the salt is bad for your gums. Dont doooooooo it!!! No point trying to make your body look good if you have rotting teeth and receding gums :p

Latest posts

Back