Is This A Good Time To Tell Her How I Feel?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sceptical1

Reaction score
This is a long one and I apologize for the weak construction, I typed this really quickly! There's a girl at work I've known for about a year, and she's very attractive. My job is pretty much full of guys except for her, so she's constantly flirting/ being flirted with. When she first started working there I caught her looking at me from across the room a few times, she'd also follow me around. I didn't think much of it at the time, I was going through a lot of stuff in my life and I figured she was out of my league anyway. This winter she was promoted to assistant manager and she's pretty good at it. We're definitely on good terms and all, we're friendly to each other. I found out her birthday is a day after mine and we're born in the same year (and no I don't look too deep into horoscope stuff, but I think that's pretty cool). I'm probably one of the only guys who works there who does not flirt with her. Still, she's called me adorable a few times and told one of my coworkers she thought I was cute. She also hugged me once, I forget what for. I recently got a new full time job and don't work at my old one very much at all anymore, but every time I have she's somehow shown up even though she wasn't scheduled. Since I've had the new job I've been a lot happier and things have been a lot more stable. So the last time I worked there was about two weeks ago it was super overstaffed and I told her I was leaving and she reluctantly let me go home, I think she was sad bc I hadn't worked with her for about a month. That night I texted her and asked her to let our boss know I wouldn't be able to work the following week. Then I asked how things were going for her. We've texted pretty regularly since and that was two weeks ago. We've been having conversations on and off and I'm pretty happy whenever I hear from her bc I know I like her. I know the texting thing is not a great habit, but we never get to see each other. The conversations usually end bc I'll send the last text and she'll never reply, I'm guessing she forgets. She won't ever initiate new conversation that's always me, but she makes an effort to keep it going so I wonder if she's afraid to start the conversation. Tonight though, I texted her asking when she thought I should try to pick up a shift this week and she told me I should go for Wednesday because she's closing (I'd be working an evening shift), but I told her I can't because I'm working the evening shift at my new job. She never responded, does that mean she's disappointed because we don't get to work together this week either? What do you think, is she really into me? Or am I in the friend zone? She has a lot of guy friends. Also, and I completely forgot to mention this fairly important detail, she's a pretty big party girl and I am an introvert. She smokes weed and drinks a lot, probably with a lot of guys. Truth is I really like her, she's a sweet girl now that I've gotten to know her and I don't care about any of that. I'd be willing to make it work. Maybe that's a deal breaker though, what do you think? I'm actually planning to show up outside the store on Wednesday night after my shift is over completely by surprise, stand outside the door where she can see me (they keep it locked after a certain time), and call the store phone and tell her honestly and directly that I like her and I think she's awesome while we're looking right at each other. What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea? That's probably the creepiest way you can tell a girl how you feel, but I'm tired of waiting for whenever the next time is that we work together, it's driving me crazy and I want her to know. Should I go for it?

Hi there :),

I would say go for it, but in a casual way, because you may still have to work with her. From what you say it does sound like she likes you, I think if she finds an excuse to touch you is a good indication. I think the fact you work there less now helps and you are in a better place. Are you sure you can live with the weed and drinking thing, that would be a deal breaker for a lot of people, but I wouldn't necessarily write it off, if you went out it might calm down. When you go to ask her, could you wait until she has finished work and catch her outside, just because you don't want to catch her while she may be doing something and might be distracted.

I hope it goes well for you, good luck :). Let us know how you got on!

Latest posts

Back