I need some advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspalas

Reaction score
I haven't posted for a while, but I need some advice. I'll start off by explaining my situation (as short as possible).

I used to go to this high school, I didn't really enjoy it there. I left after 5 years and went to another, graduated a couple of months ago. The fifth year in this old high school I fell in love with a girl and I still like her now, although the last months we haven't had much contact, especially the past +- 30 days, she went to the US (I live in Europe), I went to Israel for 2 weeks to see family and it really did me good and made me forget.

Because I wasn't happy with my friends and the students in general at my old high school, I kind of stopped seeing them, I'm happy with that. The only people I still occasionally see are this girl I still like, and another female friend, I know her since I was 10 or something, she's just a good friend (the only person I don't want to forget from this school).

I also had kind of a drug problem for the past 18 months I guess, although the last 6 months I've been cutting of contact with lots of people who had bad influences on me, I'm doing much better now and I'm not using the drugs that messed with my emotions anymore (I suffered most from ecstacy, haven't used it for more than 3 months now, longer than ever before since I started taking it).

Now this girl I still like is back, and I'm pretty sure (or just convinced myself for my own sake) she doesn't like me, but she asked if I wanted to meet so we could tell each other about our vacations. Now I'm kind of stuck, because I do want to see her, but I guess it's best to not see her anymore ever again because it will only make things worse. The only problem is that we're going to study in the same city (not the same university, I'm going to an art school, she's going to the regular university of this city), but it's quite big so I'm not that worried about running in to her. It's just that she probably considers me as a friend who's living in the same city and she'll find it weird that I don't want to see her, but I don't really give a fresia about that.

What would you do? Never see her again (or at least until all of this is over)?

Thanks for reading, I just had to get this of off my chest.

You should definitely take care of yourself first. Get yourself to where you need to be, and then go from there. It is not worth risking the progress that you have made. Keep it up, and focus on yourself. At least thats what I think. Take care.

You never know unless you try. You should meet up with her, talk to her, and see if she wants to meet again. But, just take care of yourself... if you feel it would be too devastating to try and to find out later that she is only interested in friendship, then consider that in your decision.

If you think you can handle it, go for it....life is about taking risks...just not taking risks with your health and mental well being. Hope that wasn't too confusing and good luck.

I decided to just leave it behind me. In fact, I'm kind of flirting with another girl, I might be starting to like her, and I think there's a good chance she likes me too. I don't even think a relationship with the girl this thread is about would be such a good idea (if it was even possible), I've been kind of idealizing her for the past 2 years, I don't think she would meet my unrealistic expectations...

Latest posts

Back