What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paraiyar said:
A lot of people aren't self-reflective enough. You have the opposite problem in that you do it too much.

Yeah.  On some level I realize that.  I know that I must seem annoying at times.  I'm just stumbling through my identity crisis, hopefully finding the way out soon because I've been in it for a long time now.

TheSkaFish said:
Paraiyar said:
A lot of people aren't self-reflective enough. You have the opposite problem in that you do it too much.

Yeah.  On some level I realize that.  I know that I must seem annoying at times.  I'm just stumbling through my identity crisis, hopefully finding the way out soon because I've been in it for a long time now.
It won't change till you start doing stuff. Thinking otherwise is just like thinking you can drive a car on a empty tank. Seriously man, the only way you'll get out of this rut is if you decide to make it happen. You're waiting for something to change but more time is just going to go by that way.

This is the 2nd time you've done this, where you just disappear without a word or a goodbye. I suppose I'm partly at fault for being so slow at responding sometimes. But at least, say something? If it even means anything to you. I'm not sure if I'd be able to take it so well if you ever pop back into my life again. 

It's just so convenient how one waltzes in and out of your life just like that... and deliberately too. I can understand if it's caused by drifting apart over time. I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, though. The disappearance is just so sudden.

All the friendships I've created and decided to keep/maintain mean a lot to me, and you of all people would know I don't open up just to anyone anymore.

I can only hope you're well and wish the best for you. Just wish you had said something before disappearing.

Thanks for .. what little time there was to interact with you again. Take care.

I'm thinking- thank you for being there for me, for your patience, support and friendship, over what's been a really difficult couple of weeks. I really appreciate it, you know who you are x

ladyforsaken said:
This is the 2nd time you've done this, where you just disappear without a word or a goodbye. I suppose I'm partly at fault for being so slow at responding sometimes. But at least, say something? If it even means anything to you. I'm not sure if I'd be able to take it so well if you ever pop back into my life again. 

It's just so convenient how one waltzes in and out of your life just like that... and deliberately too. I can understand if it's caused by drifting apart over time. I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, though. The disappearance is just so sudden.

All the friendships I've created and decided to keep/maintain mean a lot to me, and you of all people would know I don't open up just to anyone anymore.

I can only hope you're well and wish the best for you. Just wish you had said something before disappearing.

Thanks for .. what little time there was to interact with you again. Take care.

I hear this.  I really hate it when people disappear. It really hurts.

And I feel the same way about my friendships.  Anyone I take the time to interact with means a lot to me also, even if I'm not the fastest communicator.  Even if I haven't talked to the person in some time, I've still wondered how they are doing, still miss them when they're gone, and hope to hear from them again.  

Anyway.  (hugs) for you, Lady.  Hope you keep hanging in there.

TheSkaFish said:
I spend a lot of time trying to both figure myself out and how fit myself around others while still being myself, because I think we all have to, to an extent.  If you don't you could find yourself able to relate to nobody, which I don't want.  I wonder about what direction to develop myself in, because I want to be someone I like and be interesting in my own self but I don't want to waste my time going in the wrong direction, making myself into someone who only fits in where I don't want to, or who just doesn't fit anywhere.

It really isn't that hard to know what your interests are and the types of people you can relate to.

For instance I don't care much about rugby (our national game), sport in general, or overly blokey social circles, so I already know to avoid investing time and energy in those areas.

At this point I think you're just finding reasons to continue naval gazing for the temporary emotional release. We all do it, but with you it seems to have become compulsive.

ardour said:
At this point I think you're just finding reasons to continue naval gazing for the temporary emotional release.  We all do it, but with you it seems to have become compulsive.

This would match my observations also...

ardour said:
It really isn't that hard to know what your interests are and the types of people you can relate to.

For instance I don't care much about rugby (our national game), sport in general, or overly blokey social circles, so I already know to avoid investing time and energy in those areas.

At this point I think you're just finding reasons to continue naval gazing for the temporary emotional release.  We all do it, but with you it seems to have become compulsive.

Some of the ways to narrow it down are easy.  I'm similar.  I know that I don't fit in with the macho crowd.  Still, I feel like I have to expand somehow in order to connect with people, because I'm not really able to do that as I am.  I was able to get the friends I have, but I think that's as far as my current self can go.  I feel like I'm still missing something since I'm still having a hard time socially and I'm still not content with myself.  Not only that, but I want to become more interesting to myself.  I feel like that there's still a lot I don't know that I might like, but I don't know about it because I've never done it before, or I didn't think I could do it for some other reason.  Some of the interests I have today were things I didn't even think to be interested in before, I didn't know that I'd like them because I'd never considered it.

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:

Some of the ways to narrow it down are easy.  I'm similar.  I know that I don't fit in with the macho crowd.  Still, I feel like I have to expand somehow in order to connect with people, because I'm not really able to do that as I am.  I was able to get the friends I have, but I think that's as far as my current self can go.  I feel like I'm still missing something since I'm still having a hard time socially and I'm still not content with myself.  Not only that, but I want to become more interesting to myself.  I feel like that there's still a lot I don't know that I might like, but I don't know about it because I've never done it before, or I didn't think I could do it for some other reason.  Some of the interests I have today were things I didn't even think to be interested in before, I didn't know that I'd like them because I'd never considered it.

Nothing gets through to you.

ardour said:

I guess.  I'd just like to make my life go more on purpose instead of being kicked around randomly, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do about it.  Whatever the answer is, I think it is beyond what I am now because like I said, I think I've gotten all I'm going to get out of life by being the way I've always been. But I don't know how to be anything else yet, if I can be anything else and if so what, and how to make it fit with the parts of me that I like.

A lot of the time I'm just talking to myself with these kinds of posts. I'm sorry if this is frustrating. But, I do feel like I'm slowly finding my way, even if I'm doing so very slowly.

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:

I guess.  I'd just like to make my life go more on purpose instead of being kicked around randomly, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do about it.  Whatever the answer is, I think it is beyond what I am now because like I said, I think I've gotten all I'm going to get out of life by being the way I've always been.  But I don't know how to be anything else yet, if I can be anything else and if so what, and how to make it fit with the parts of me that I like.

A lot of the time I'm just talking to myself with these kinds of posts.  I'm sorry if this is frustrating.  But, I do feel like I'm slowly finding my way, even if I'm doing so very slowly.

Christ dude, you get that feeling of a life with more purpose by actually doing things. Just try it for a month and see if you feel different...You don't get to find out if you get to "be anything else" by sitting around wondering about it, you actually have to DO it to find all these things out...

At this rate, if you were "finding your way" any slower then you'd be going backwards. But I don't really know why I'm bothering here because this will all go straight through you like it always does and you'll probably just reply with another comment of overanalysis that aids you in missing the point entirely....

How sad, tired and hopeless I feel right now. Stupidly did something today which was a trigger but I was nosy

Paraiyar said:
TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:

I guess.  I'd just like to make my life go more on purpose instead of being kicked around randomly, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do about it.  Whatever the answer is, I think it is beyond what I am now because like I said, I think I've gotten all I'm going to get out of life by being the way I've always been.  But I don't know how to be anything else yet, if I can be anything else and if so what, and how to make it fit with the parts of me that I like.

A lot of the time I'm just talking to myself with these kinds of posts.  I'm sorry if this is frustrating.  But, I do feel like I'm slowly finding my way, even if I'm doing so very slowly.

Christ dude, you get that feeling of a life with more purpose by actually doing things. Just try it for a month and see if you feel different...You don't get to find out if you get to "be anything else" by sitting around wondering about it, you actually have to DO it to find all these things out...

At this rate, if you were "finding your way" any slower then you'd be going backwards. But I don't really know why I'm bothering here because this will all go straight through you like it always does and you'll probably just reply with another comment of overanalysis that aids you in missing the point entirely....

I'll have to agree with Paraiyar and Ardour. You are engaging in almost lethal solipsism and there's only so much introspection you can do before it really is just navel-gazing. Act. Do something with your life and for your future, do something that propels you forward and you will find meaning. Ideally it will also make the way you express your thoughts more concise.

Latest posts

Back