What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been so lonely, I just need a hug. Sorry to be so depressing.. you asked!...

I think that everything is going to be OK. I hope that I am correct.

I'm thinking that it's embarrassing to get triggered by every little thing. Those normies are all looking down on us nutcases, thinking they're better than us. It's frustrating. Might be all in my head, it might very well be my persecution complex talking again, but I feel like I know how they feel towards people like me who vents out everytime someone provokes me. I've seen reactions of people like them online. They think we're some kind of freaks. It's like secondary school all over again, where people couldn't understand mental issues, nor do they wish to. It's just so easy to dismiss the pain of other people for your own self-interest. That's how selfish people are. Let's gather the freaks together in one circle and toss the key away as we spend lives ignorantly in our own comfort circle with "friendly" people. Gregory House was right about Circle Queens:

"See, skinny, socially-privileged white people get to draw this neat little circle. And everyone inside the circle is "normal". Anyone outside the circle should be beaten, broken and reset so that they can be brought into the circle. Failing that, they should be institutionalized. Or worse - Pitied."

I'm starting to feel more and more incapable. Not sure if I'm just not made to be managing people and stuff.
I'm hoping I can improve, I know they believe in me but I'm starting to kinda lose faith in myself.
I'm thinking people think and expect too highly of me.
I remember 2 years ago, when life was on a totally different ground.

Sigh.

Managing people? With what little information I have, I'd say someone kind and fun as you would be the right one for that.

Meaw said:
Managing people? With what little information I have, I'd say someone kind and fun as you would be the right one for that.

Aww thanks Meaw, you're too kind.

My colleagues did say I'm the crazy one sometimes. It doesn't happen too often though, or perhaps only with people I'm close/comfortable with. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Meaw said:

My colleagues did say I'm the crazy one sometimes. It doesn't happen too often though, or perhaps only with people I'm close/comfortable with. :p

I managed people at some point in the past. I personally hated the experience. I felt like the meat in the middle of two slices of bread, one pushing down and the other pushing up.
Don't overly worry lol. I think it's perfectly normal and I doubt wether it's good times or bad times, a reflection of your inadequecies or personality. I'm sure you're awesome. It's the job makes you feel that way. ;-)
To be honest too, the bad managers never wonder if they're good enough or capable enough. So what does that make you? ;-)

Richard_39 said:
ladyforsaken said:
Meaw said:

I managed people at some point in the past. I personally hated the experience. I felt like the meat in the middle of two slices of bread, one pushing down and the other pushing up.
Don't overly worry lol. I think it's perfectly normal and I doubt wether it's good times or bad times, a reflection of your inadequecies or personality. I'm sure you're awesome. It's the job makes you feel that way. ;-)
To be honest too, the bad managers never wonder if they're good enough or capable enough. So what does that make you? ;-)

Aww thanks, Rich, that's nice of you to say. Though I gotta say I'm not liking the experience much either so I feel you there. I feel like when you're in that position, you're responsible for every single thing, good or bad and that's very stressful lol.

ladyforsaken said:
Richard_39 said:
ladyforsaken said:
Meaw said:

Aww thanks, Rich, that's nice of you to say. Though I gotta say I'm not liking the experience much either so I feel you there. I feel like when you're in that position, you're responsible for every single thing, good or bad and that's very stressful lol.

LOL Indeed it is. I feel no shame in saying that's not a position I was good enough, or comfortable enough, to carry on for long. That being said, I have a lot of admiration for those who do and who are appreciated by their coworkers for how they handle it (which, if I still remember correctly, should happen once a year during evalutions ;-) ). So ask around. If you get more compliments than bad, means you're doing a good job. And since, outside of work, you seem to care about doing a good job, I figure it's the same at work ;-)

Feeling confused. I don't know why some types of people are so well-liked and are able to succeed romantically. I mean, I know why in a sort of textbook way, but I personally don't get it. I sometimes look at profiles and blogs and documentaries about various kinds of people I don't like, to see if my perceptions are right or wrong, to see if maybe there's something I missed. Usually, it only confirms my suspicions. Sometimes there will be some good qualities, but for me it isn't enough to overcome the bad. Today, it was hipsters. The blog's author was actually a pretty decent musician, so maybe that's why he's interesting I guess. But the rest of this guy's thoughts were insufferable. A lot of what was said, was either completely frivolous or aggravating - here he was, a good musician and writer, not paying for anything, claiming to have regretted breaking hearts, taking his inspiration and ideas and social skills for granted, and it's like, here I am only wishing I could be good at that stuff or anything really, struggling to understand how to connect, and having never even been on one date, and this guy is so bummed about everything. It was like hearing someone say "man, I'm just so tired of all these Ferraris." I couldn't help but think, how do women like this? Why?

I guess I'm one to talk since I have so much work to do on my own personality, it's been found lacking, that's why I'm single. And I get that criticizing everyone all the time probably isn't a good (or attractive) thing to do. This doesn't even matter really, I was just frustrated to hear someone complain about things they had, that I only ever wished I could have and struggle to figure out. I don't have any big grand views on life and I don't know the answers, what's worth doing, what's worth being. I don't think the answer is adopting a stereotype, especially one based around being tough, confrontational, reckless, or cynical about everything. But that's what seems to work. I'm just not sure where I fit in.

Feeling: I don't know. Probably screwed, but I hope not. I wish first impressions weren't such a motherfucking *****. I wish I could explain, I didn't know any better, how the hell could I have. I had no reason to know, no one around me knew even though they meant well, and I wouldn't have figured this out on my own. And growing up, I had it put in my head that I was a loser thanks to the shitheads I went to school with. I wish I could get a chance to wipe this piece of honeysuckle accident of an impression away, I wish I could explain that the suck is not me. I can be better, I know it, I have to be, because I can't accept being that. I wish I could feel like improving could give me a chance to be how I really wanted to, and break free of this loser role once and for all.

Feeling frustrated with some things, but more than that, feeling lonely and sad. Feeling nostalgic for a time before all this, when things were better and I had hope. Feeling foolish for wasting so much time when things were still good, but I was clueless, there was so much that I just didn't know better. Feeling all these things at the same time. I wish many things had turned out differently than this. It's been a pretty bad year.

I still feel really overwhelmed, but some things are starting to click into place in my head. It is like being in a concrete room and I am starting to see bright rays of sunshine breaking through.

Feeling frustrated. What's worked for others, for most people, hasn't worked for me at all. I don't know if anything will. I wish I knew that there was something I could do to get somewhere, but I'm not confident because I haven't had any success. Does any way for me to get somewhere even exist or am I doomed to failure because of an inherent lack of natural aptitude? I don't know.

Latest posts

Back