What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing this accounting course and i wish this was over . i have been doing it for the last 1 year , classes are once a week on sundays .

That is why its taking this much time .

We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war... Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

I feel despair.

I hope to survive this Pandemic.

I think about how I feel so disconnected with my family!

I remember the days when I should have planned ahead.

I feel sorry for ya, Finished, I know it's hotter than hell down there in Phoenix... we're burnin' up in Benson, so y'all must be ROASTIN' down there at lower elevation. Hey, it's supposed to ease up by Sunday, thank goodness, so maybe you'll catch some relief from the heat... hang in there, brother!!! You're a survivor, just like me... I have faith in ya, lol. CHEERS!!!   :cool:

^ Normally the heat doesn't really bother me. I used to enjoy hiking in the middle of heat like this. But, this year, ****. Maybe I got the Covid earlier and have some lingering issues from it.

Yeah, I hear ya, when I was a younger man I used to enjoy feeling the power of the desert... one gal & I would go out to Anza-Borrego when NOBODY else was out there, lol. But I'm older now, 59 at the end of the month, and this heat wave has been brutal. You've had it worse down there, by at least 8 degrees, we've been seeing 110 for the past week. However, there are clouds in the sky today and we already have a breeze at 0745, so maybe this will be the day when the heat starts to ease up a bit... let's hope so. Just hang in there, brother, like I said, you're a survivor just like me, lol. This being Sunday, and the morning feeling a bit cooler already, I cracked a cold beer, lol... CHEERS!!!

P.S. For any religious types who might be offended by the notion of my drinking beer on Sunday morning, all I can tell ya is: "THE WILDERNESS IS MY CHURCH!!!"   :cool:

So this is what's ahead. A dull middle-aged lifestyle. Dull polite conversation. Dull 'peers' who look like they have one foot in the nursing home. Boring maturity. And no fun at all. I want out.

ardour said:
So this is what's ahead.  A dull middle-aged lifestyle. Dull polite conversation. Dull 'peers' who look like they have one foot in the nursing home.  Boring maturity. And no fun at all. I want out.

Yeah I know how you feel Ardour.Getting old is a bummer.l can't even go to some of the people that answer my adverts for work because I just feel they'd prefer someone younger.Even though I have debts I'm  
finding it difficult to accept I'm old and turn down work for this reason amongst others.I prefer to work for people older than me,I'm having confusing issues with it, getting old.I'm 53.I hope you sincerely find some peace with how your feeling..Time goes fast in your 40's but I wish I was back there.

Well I wish I were back in my 20s. A relatively carefree existence, despite all the problems. The thing that irks me is how many people seem to be embracing middle-age as if this were the dreary life they always wanted.

I really *loathe* the kind of conversation that revolves around buying up rental properties (to rent to poor people; feathering the nest at their expense), what car to buy next or what's going on in their dull careers.

Latest posts

Back