Made parents angry at me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, being forgetful is something that's hard to correct. It's not like you can really help it.

Do you have ADD?

Because I have a terrible short term memory. Everyone around me has told me so, including friends and family members.

It's gotten to the point where, if someone is rambling off something new, I have to take notes, because otherwise I will forget. I can't stop somewhere and ask for directions, I always go the opposite way, or jump ahead.

Do you carry around a smartphone? iPhones and Androids have special specs that allow you to take voice notes, and then it reminds you later. I use something similar to Siri, called Robin, on my Android; it reminds me of things that I may have forgotten.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Do you have ADD?

Because I have a terrible short term memory. Everyone around me has told me so, including friends and family members.

It's gotten to the point where, if someone is rambling off something new, I have to take notes, because otherwise I will forget. I can't stop somewhere and ask for directions, I always go the opposite way, or jump ahead.

Do you carry around a smartphone? iPhones and Androids have special specs that allow you to take voice notes, and then it reminds you later. I use something similar to Siri, called Robin, on my Android; it reminds me of things that I may have forgotten.

I don't think I have ADD. In only get distracted when the topic or matter at hand is boring.

The thing is, sometimes I am forgetful of simple things such as locking a door after bringing in a large box (Otherwise, when my hands are free, I never forget to do so), closing the toilet cover after using it when the dehumidifier is turned on, wiping the sink counter after washing my face, usually the simple stuff. But most of the other time, I remember everything and my memory is actually rather good.

I have been using a smartphone to keep track of chores that need to be done so I won't forget them.

Latest posts

Back