I've accomplished something good!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspalas

Reaction score
As some of you might now (altho I don't post here very frequently), I used do do a lot of drugs, I wasn't addicted or anything, but until about 6 months ago I used various stuff almost every week. I still use something occasionally, but I had the biggest issues with ecstacy and speed. I really like both, but especially ecstacy had an extremely negative effect on my overall mood. When I look back on it, I wish I'd never used it in the first place.

I haven't used ecstacy in almost 3 months now; longer than ever before since I started about 2 years ago. I did use speed once and 2cb (psychedelic that has no influence on your mood) in these 3 months. Well, last night I went out with 2 friends and some other people I didn't know. We ended up at an awesome illegal techno party in a huge empty storehouse, the music and the vibe was great. The people I didn't know beforehand had ecstacy and MDMA (basically the same) with them, and me and those 2 friends got very tempted to take it (although all of us 3 try not to use it anymore). I actually had a pill in my hand, and these 2 friends used it, the other guys who had it with them too.

I refused eventually. I'm so happy I was able to do it, because I wasn't able to refuse it before when it was so easy to get. I really feel like I'm in control again. Just wanted to post it because I'm very proud of myself. My 2 friends kind of disappoint me (and themselves), I tried to stop them from taking it but eventually it's their choice... I feel relieved that I didn't give in to my own craving and the social pressure.

Very nice. I don't think i would be able to do that in your situation, with your background (the one you mentioned here). Good inspiration.

Hey thats great, you really have something you can build on, if there is a next time you are tempted remind yourself of this time and how good it made you feel to turn it down. Great job

Latest posts

Back