All you people who are lonely and join this site, but never post.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
SPEAK!!!!! So many people just read the site, but never say much of anything to anyone. As many as 60% of all the people who are regulars almost never say a word. Come on. It's not dangerous to speak. You must have something to say. It doesn't have to be rocket science. Start a thread about something or do a search and bring up old threads that were interesting. As long as people aren't name calling or shouting stuff is fair game. Everyone has to have an oppinion about something. You know it's not a crime to disagree... Silence is like a vacume that can quickly turn into a sucking void. All people have to do is make a sound of some sort to fill that void. Do we have to actually shake the forum tree to make people make a sound like ooaf when they hit the ground? :p

I'm just to lazy, and have other things to do than reply on here. I mean TV is more fun, or games than replying here. I'll SPEAK when im here tho.

hahah lol Skorian I love you man :D Just love how you put all that lol

*shakes the forum tree* WOW! I nearly got hit by a falling member, Am not doing that again :D

Well I think a lot make them self members to look at profiles maybe as its set to not allow guests to look. Also that is pretty normal on any message Bord that there is new members that never post.

I myself sometimes look around but never bother to log in. Sometimes there is nothing you feel like replying to.

All tho if I go and look at View New Posts or View Today's Posts (at the top left for ppl that did not know) there normal is a load of things I wont to reply to and then run out of time.

Like now :( I have to run of to let a dog out.

Good post! It actually took me a few weeks to even post something after I registered. But now I'm gonna try to make some noise! ;)

Skorian said:
It doesn't have to be rocket science.

Heck no, they even allow me to post.

Some days are so quiet I almost wonder if half the world just vanished. Especially on weekends.

I am tempted to run through topics shouting "ECHO ECHO ECHO"

I know there are some people who have been here months and hardly posted at all. They are just words after all. There is no safer place in the whole world to talk then online like this. There are no perfect words. For those that feel invisible, it's because you are so quiet that you fade away from lack of showing people who you are. No one can read other's minds. Don't you think it's time to at least let out a peep? There is no time like the present.

does everyone appear offline? i do but i was just going with the flow. I dont want interweb cooties? or do I? please give me interweb cooties.

Darkest Seraphim said:
does everyone appear offline? i do but i was just going with the flow. I dont want interweb cooties? or do I? please give me interweb cooties.

I have hardy ever appeared of line. Its totally up to you what you do.

You should feel no pressure ether way to appear on line are off line. its just what ever your comfortable doing. different ppl have different reasons to appear off line. I mean maybe if I was reading up about my secret guy life that I did not wont anyone to know I was looking at I would appear of line lol Am not that way BTW I was just joking :) All though it dose always pay to have an open mined ;) lol

I'm wondering if all of us can really meet and then support each other oen day.. I think sometimes it's more easier to speak then to write.

I think we all need to Idle in the chat room and get it alot more active.
That should stimulate (at very least) some interaction.

Skorian,
Good post. I've been a member for a couple months, but never posted before. So in your honor, here it is!
I don't remember how I found A Lonely Life, but obviously I musta been feeling a bit "lonely". LOL
I'm never bored, always busy, very to myself, but once in awhile I long for kindred spirits. Now there's is where my problem is. It seems like I don't like people, however, I think it's just that I don't know where my "people" are. I feel like a fish out of water, a stranger in a strange land. Maybe I would have been better born in another time. Middle Earth would be perfecto.

The things I value seem to be fading away. and it leaves me staying away from people, and hanging with my dog pack, doing my art, photography, writing, reading, gardening, daydreaming, hiking in the forest, and poking around the internet for the slim hope of finding that connection where loyalty and honor, and friendship still live.

So there, I've exposed my soft underbelly for a moment. A rare thing.

I could go on, since I've been asked.:) But we'll see what happens from this little post.
Thanks for rattling my cage.
T

tennwhistle said:
Skorian,
Good post. I've been a member for a couple months, but never posted before. So in your honor, here it is!
Skorian, i've always enjoyed reading you post so i also post here [and it is my first post] in honor of you. (=
If you look at my accout i've only been a member for a day but i've been reading post here for about 3 mouths as a guest. I manly did that because i dont realy know how to start a online converstion, my spellings atroshis, and you could just say im socialy inept

Outlawstarl337 said:
can some one tell me how to do that little box quote trick? if you know what i mean

Ye you go to where it says reply in the little blue box then in there you put what ever you like under all the other TeX :) Post icon in there is right at the bottom.

If you did not understand that its ok. You well learn in time. I did :)

BTW welcome here :)

Outlawstarl337 said:
If you look at my accout i've only been a member for a day but i've been reading post here for about 3 mouths as a guest. I manly did that because i dont realy know how to start a online converstion, my spellings atroshis, and you could just say im socialy inept

Don't worry about the spelling. I have the worst spelling ever. Most ppl understand me and if they don't they normally do ask :) Its all cool.

I use spell check every time I post. And still get it wrong a lot of the time. It is not important just as long as its understanderble you well be fine :)

I posted an intro, but I guess there are a few reasons why I hesitate to post the issues that are gnawing away at me inside.
First, I don't know anyone here well enough yet to know that they won't judge me or criticize me or advise me. It's scary revealing these things to a board full of strangers.
Second, it seems to me that I'm older than most people here, and few people here would understand exactly what I'm going through. And third, everyone has their own problems, it feels like mine would just make things worse, or sound like I'm just whining.

Bluey said:
Outlawstarl337 said:

Don't worry about the spelling. I have the worst spelling ever. Most ppl understand me and if they don't they normally do ask :) Its all cool.

I use spell check every time I post. And still get it wrong a lot of the time. It is not important just as long as its understanderble you well be fine :)

You do indeed have some very unique spelling :p :) :)

Latest posts

Back