Losing the v-card for girls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bei

This lady I follow on instagram who directs, acts and writes one of my favorite shows, Girls on hbo, put this up and I kind of loved it. :)

2chxbi0.png

10nywp4.png

rtnhxd.png

10oqomg.png

lol, that's great! but I wish her something better than three timid thrusts, c'mon...

I think it's possible to gauge the qualities necessary for "screw-worthiness" without having to tell that you're a virgin. And I can't seem to think of a concrete, or likely, way that omitting it would hurt a guy's feelings(outside of a relationship- as the article talks about).

I personally feel that the advice in the article can also apply to men. Finding the 'right one' is more important than sex anyway, and is much more difficult than losing your virginity.

The hard part is that waiting for the right one may not get results, sometimes you have to actively go looking for them. Just assuming that the right person will show up someday sounds a little unrealistic to me. Doing nothing but waiting can have a negative effect on self-esteem and confidence, while actively looking will teach you how to better interact with people.

I'm not a very patient person though, and I'm not a virgin. These are just my thoughts.

Great article, niave!

i could never understand why people today are so obsessed with sex and can't seem to stand virginity.

Peaches said:
lol, that's great! but I wish her something better than three timid thrusts, c'mon...

Hehe, I hope she got something better too. I'm glad this made you lol :D

Locke said:
Great article, niave!

Muchas Gracias, señor Locke!

It's because it's a measure of social status.

Having a good job that makes lots of money is one type of status. Another type of status is having sex, because it proves that you're able to have children. Doesn't matter if you want them; if you can produce offspring, you are suddenly valuable to society.

I don't understand it. What happens to the asexuals? But that doesn't mean that I won't be negatively judged if I say something about my virginity.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It's because it's a measure of social status.

Having a good job that makes lots of money is one type of status. Another type of status is having sex, because it proves that you're able to have children. Doesn't matter if you want them; if you can produce offspring, you are suddenly valuable to society.

I don't understand it. What happens to the asexuals? But that doesn't mean that I won't be negatively judged if I say something about my virginity.

Simpler answer: because mostly everybody enjoys sex, and it's frustrating when that desire isn't fulfilled.

I don't know why a girl saying she's a virgin would freak guys out? Would they prefer she says "I've had sex 3 times today, but don't worry, I showered after the first one."

The reply about most "normal" 19 year old's is saying that 19 year old's who've lost their virginity already are not normal and it is something that happens A LOT. So, there is no most normal. It's different for everyone and this one just one girls story.

Superfly47 said:
I don't know why a girl saying she's a virgin would freak guys out? Would they prefer she says "I've had sex 3 times today, but don't worry, I showered after the first one."

It kind of explained that in the article. A lot of people fall pretty hard for their first and someone might not want to jump into it with someone who is if it's not that serious to begin with. Also, having had sex three times in one day isn't the only other sexual status a guy might prefer to hear instead of virginity.

This really wasn't meant to be a serious thread at all...

Just sharing something that I had fun reading :p

I wasn't saying that.

I was just saying that it is typical for 19 year olds to be virgins. As opposed to someone who is 10 years older, or pushing 40.

Latest posts

Back