Does being ripped or buff matter that much to women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theglasscell

Reaction score
I am in pretty good shape because I do manual labor for work and don't really eat poorly but I don't go to the gym or obsess over diet so I don't have like a gym body.

Often times on dating sites I see women will say that you should only contact them if you are ripped or really muscular even when the women happen to be kind of chunky or out of shape.

Are most women this picky and shallow about body types?

I read in this fitness magazine that to get the ripped look you have to be borderline anorexic and that the guys in magazines usually dehydrate for 36 hours before the photo shoot to look that way. So it's actually not even healthy.

I just find the obsession with perfect bodies to be insane sometimes, how would someone have time to do other stuff like write fiction, do art, learn music, or enrich their mind if they devote their whole life to diet and fitness?

Personally, I'm kind of turned off when men look like that. The range I generally find attractive is from slightly muscular to slightly overweight- but even that isn't a deal breaker for me. I've been attracted to guys who were pretty muscular and guys who were obese.

I'm not a woman, but when someone is incredibly buffed, I tend to think they don't have much brainpower.

A stereotype, but I suppose women who are intellectuals wouldn't be drawn to that kind of thing.

Yeah, I'm not a woman but I always think if I was into men I'd be into someone like that Irish actor Cillian Murphy. He just has a cool face and seems really intelligent and thoughtful, especially in interviews.

I guess everyone has their preferences, which is fine, what I hate is women who make a point to act like all guys who don't fit their taste are disgusting. Like they'll be like, "I can't stand scrawny guys."

Why can't you just like one thing without hating on the opposite?

It's mostly ignorant people on online forum who seem to be so shallow and hateful. Like one girl who was really into bodybuilders posted a message saying how her boyfriend is so ripped and how her and him alway joke around about how guys who aren't ripped studs may as well be neutered since they serve no purpose. I can't imagine what a horrible couple they are.

ummm.... No. Not another one of these threads. Gonna stop this one before it gets started good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back