MalwareBytes Help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I'm curious to know something. If I have my MalwareBytes running a full scan for example, is it still safe to browse around? The reason I ask is what if my scan is busy running and I go to a site that is malicious, will my MalwareBytes still block it and warn me like it usually does when it's not too busy running a scan?

Thanks for viewing.:)

Godspeed.
LK

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yes it will, if you have the full version.
Hi Muse.:)

I believe it's the full version. It's MalwareBytes Pro. Is that what you mean by "Full"? I bought it legally for $25 or so.

Yes, that's what I mean. If you bought it, then it protects you while you browse the internet...whether or not you are scanning or not.

I've thought about buying it for my Windows 8 Desktop, and my mom's computers. But I just have the free version, which I run every week.

When you run it, I suggest leaving the system alone. Perhaps run it over a period of time that you won't be using it. It's a great program, I use the free version if I feel like I need to.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yes, that's what I mean. If you bought it, then it protects you while you browse the internet...whether or not you are scanning or not.

I've thought about buying it for my Windows 8 Desktop, and my mom's computers. But I just have the free version, which I run every week.
I can tell you this man. I've messed around with the free version. It misses some malware threats from time to time that the Pro sees. You wouldn't believe how many, many, many seemingly safe sites are malicious. I think we all know that I'm not exactly a computer whiz, but trust me on this one.

I have it on good authority that the pirated versions are often manipulated by the companies that make them to trick those who use Piratebay and stuff.

It's so worth the money. You get auto updates and everything.
When I first received mine I used the Beta version of a new tool at the time for MalwareBytes. It was designed to target stubborn Rootkits.

I highly recommend getting it Muse. It's so worth it! It's also compatible with almost every antivirus program.

The scanning and protection sides of the program will be separate, it will still function when scanning.

LoneKiller said:
I have it on good authority that the pirated versions are often manipulated by the companies that make them to trick those who use Piratebay and stuff.

There are plenty of cracks and patches that can be applied to the pro version downloaded directly from the site so this isn't necessarily true.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

There are plenty of cracks and patches that can be applied to the pro version downloaded directly from the site so this isn't necessarily true.

Yeah, you can put keys to it for the official download.

Latest posts

Back