Meet up, England

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmylife

Reaction score
Bit hesitant about this. Have just been thinking, I'm trying to include myself in more social situations and it seems like no better way to do it than to be with people who have the same issues such as anxiety and are going to understand each other pretty well!

Anyone else think the same?

do it!
for a moment I thought that you wished to organize a meetup for ALL forum members, that'd be great too, even greater

Peaches said:
do it!
for a moment I thought that you wished to organize a meetup for ALL forum members, that'd be great too, even greater

Yeah, I thought so too... and got excited about it, even though I'm not in England lol.

I'd probably have heart failure before I could force a simple greeting from my lips. I don't think it's a bad idea though, as long as you remember that everyone you meet online is essentially a stranger and don't put yourself in any precarious situations.

Peaches said:
do it!

I think that was my plan, if there was enough interest!

This does sound like a good idea, I'd imagine it'll loosen the anxious up as everyone's in the same boat.

Where in the UK are you thinking of?

jzinsky said:
This does sound like a good idea, I'd imagine it'll loosen the anxious up as everyone's in the same boat.

Where in the UK are you thinking of?

Hull, chavland.

Haha.

I'd given up on this plan!
It would depend on how many people wanted to come and where they are from. Somewhere central.

itsmylife said:
It would depend on how many people wanted to come and where they are from. Somewhere central.

It could be a good idea for people you find friendship with, but don't forget the reason some people could be on this forum, and being as social like this isn't that easy.

Don't worry about that I'll give out hugs and smiles, hopefully bring some people out of their shells.

Itsmylife, I think it would be better organising it somewhere near where you live, since you would know of places to hold the meeting and stay overnight if need be.

Also might be a good idea to state "It'll be here on this date, it'll cost x amount, less if we can get y amount of people to come" and then I can beg for everyone to show up. Heck I'm sure some of the richer of us could give some financial help and I can give a lift to four people from the North West

Oh and 9006, I understand why some people are here. Trust me I'm terrified when it comes to conversation outside a specific context (I can talk to colleagues about work no problem for example) so I'll personally do my damndest to make everyone feel as comfortable as they can

i think its best we pick a pub or book a very big group restaurant table ...i would need someone near me to gimme a lift though i talk to a member on Skype near me I'm gonna have a drink with sum time he might be up for this, Ive forgotten his darn ALL name i just know him as James where are ya dude n wtf is your ALL name? :p

I'm in the Cambridgeshire fens with literally NO public transport out but yeah i can get a taxi to st Ives bus to Cambridge, train to whatever you're calling 'central' does that mean London? if it isn't London but another hoooge city theres the chance of a cheap mega bus...I'm on incapacity for chronic pain and London's £40 there n back 4 me (a lot to me) i am also terrified of transport, people, daylight and railway sandwiches...someone better buy me a **** stiff drink when i get there, O neg or a double flaming sambuka please :)

9006 said:
itsmylife said:

It could be a good idea for people you find friendship with, but don't forget the reason some people could be on this forum, and being as social like this isn't that easy.

I think if we all met up, we would find each other pretty normal.

Sounds interesting. Where/when? I'd be a maybe depending on those two questions. :)

kelbo said:
Sounds interesting. Where/when? I'd be a maybe depending on those two questions. :)

Well I'd imagine given it's october now (and all the places will be full of christmas parties) may I suggest late Feb early march? Also depending on where you are I could pick you up

Well I'm in Halifax, in between Manchester and Leeds so up north, if it was a London meet there'd have to be a lot of planning etc due to travel and accommodation.

Where does everyone else live?

Personally I wouldn't want to go for London because there's too many crowds and I would get completely lost on the tube! I was thinking maybe somewhere around Birmingham?

Birmingham could be doable, think it's like 3 hours on the train. How long would it take you to get there? Where are you coming from?

Oh and I know what you mean about London and the tube!!

Latest posts

Back