Things are VERY BAD right now (NEED reply ASAP)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
So, I'm in a very dark place right now. I think something is going to happen to me -- hospital or nervous breakdown or whatever. I know I seem like a pathetic attention-seeker right now, but my desperation has reached such a peak. I just need someone to talk to me and put his/her arms around me and tell me everything's going to be okay. I don't know what else to say right now. I can't even explain what's happening. Is anyone there right now?

Everything is going to be okay man. *big hug*. Just pull yourself together, take some deep breaths, and say to yourself out loud, "I am human, I am not perfect, but deep inside me there is strength, and hope. I can get through this."

Take one second at a time, then one minute at a time, one hour, one day...

If you need help, that is okay. If you can find inner strength, that is okay too. If you nothing makes any sense and you can't figure anything out, that is okay too.

Just breathe... Things figure themselves out, they always do...

May you find your center. May it be calm.

hey Red, sorry I can stay to chat because it is 330 in the morning and my brain is sleeping, but I will be online tomorrow in case you'll still like to talk. I am familiar with academic life and alienation, so maybe I can understand a tiny bit of what you are going through.
Some days it seems like one won't pass the night, but usually our worked up mood is not 100% realistic, please hang in there, tomorrow or in a few of days things will look brighter, no matter how bad the situation objectively is. Some people managed to be pretty serene in Japanese concentration camps, I envy those fuc---ers, I mean, if they can achieve that, it means that mood is more relative than we think.
So, it's easier said than done, all you have to do is concentrate on how whatever it is is going to pass, like a terrible toothache of the soul.

Do you have a couple relatives or friends that you can call?
a hug from a stranger in the meanwhile

***hugs***

I hope whatever it is that's bothering you passes soon. Watch a movie, pig out on junk food, do something you enjoy to get your mind off of it. If you can, try to get some rest - sleep will help calm your emotions and clear your head.

Hope your doing ok Red, if I can help let me know. You do not seem pathetic to me at all, reaching out and asking for help is half the battle. You can get through this! Take care

I know how you feel, it may not seem like it but it will be okay. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully something good comes your way to help you feel better.

Hey, everyone. I really appreciate all of you. Really. I think I'm holding up all right for the time being. I just found myself in one of those straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back situations. Someone blocked me on Facebook today. I wasn't trying to be pushy with my messages, but I guess I was.

She should've told me. I have Asperger's and don't always recognize when I'm being pushy -- or even creepy! And now she's blocked me, and I can't ever apologize for coming across as a creep. Never EVER. And it just destroyed me.

But it wasn't only that. I'm more okay about it now. I'm kind of frustrated at this person now. The way I see it, I just expected more than for her to just avoid me and not even talk to me. I tried to reach a couple of friends on FB, and I wasn't getting responses -- so I thought they were ignoring me.

Phew. Well, at any rate, I'm glad to just have you all right now. But, beyond that, the situation has improved a little since then. I've gotten in touch with a couple of friends, and we had a little heart-to-heart -- and it felt great, really.

Thank you all once again. I can't say it enough. I think I'm fine for now. But I'll keep turning to a lot of you for warm hugs. :)

Red914 said:
Hey, everyone. I really appreciate all of you. Really. I think I'm holding up all right for the time being. I just found myself in one of those straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back situations. Someone blocked me on Facebook today. I wasn't trying to be pushy with my messages, but I guess I was.

She should've told me. I have Asperger's and don't always recognize when I'm being pushy -- or even creepy! And now she's blocked me, and I can't ever apologize for coming across as a creep. Never EVER. And it just destroyed me.

But it wasn't only that. I'm more okay about it now. I'm kind of frustrated at this person now. The way I see it, I just expected more than for her to just avoid me and not even talk to me. I tried to reach a couple of friends on FB, and I wasn't getting responses -- so I thought they were ignoring me.

the other day I had a thought - I was also feeling a lot of pain because of this woman who seemed to be a lovely person and someone I could be friends with, but probably she only wanted me around to take care of this psycho friend of her on the rebound, and when I didn't agree with it she disappeared. Well, what I thought was that maybe she did me a favor, because she saw something that I couldn't see, some basic incompatibility, and so she saved to both of us months that would have been spent trying to know each other, only to see that it wasn't working out. So, instead of feeling hurt, I should be grateful that she knew better, and she lets me go on with my life and look for better friends.

Isn't that a freaking positive thought?! I was very surprised at myself, I don't know where that came from.

Maybe that works also for your facebook friend. Also, some people are just jerks, or sometimes we just say the wrong thing that pushed a button, once in a while it happens and it makes no sense to beat oneself up for a long time.

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I hope you feel better today.

I personally found that getting rid of Facebook altogether caused a positive change in my life.

I ended up making more friends in real life.

When I don't show up for something or seem upset they are there for me, people I knew on Facebook didn't care at all when I just vanished. Even the ones who had my number never bothered calling me to ask what happened.

I don't think online friendships really count for much, and they aren't worth getting upset over.

I know what its like to feel this bad.
You are not alone in your pain.
Dont give up-- it WILL change.

Keep talking to people. Just talking can help so much. Pray and meditate. Walk and eat right. Do anything and everything to feel good, Journal, hot bath, funny movie. Make a list of all you have to be grateful for. You are alive. You live in a free country.You have a place to post concerns, Keep the list growing. It may be small but it will grow. Tr to read positive things. Your favorite bible passage, The four agreements. Mediation for Dummies, are suggestions. Be kind to yourself.

Red914 said:

Phew. Well, at any rate, I'm glad to just have you all right now. But, beyond that, the situation has improved a little since then. I've gotten in touch with a couple of friends, and we had a little heart-to-heart -- and it felt great, really.

Thank you all once again. I can't say it enough. I think I'm fine for now. But I'll keep turning to a lot of you for warm hugs. :)

the woman who unfairly blocked you on facebook. Don't even think about her again. Not worth it !

Concentrate on your true friends.

Latest posts

Back