Messages of Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone! So, I had an interesting thought. Is anyone familiar with the "Love Letters to Strangers" system? (Basically, someone writes about a friend or family hardship going through extreme hardship, and the readers send heartfelt love letters to that person who is struggling.)

Well, I thought a system like that could be very beneficial for us. A lot of us know what it is to feel debilitating loneliness, to occasionally feel like we don't have any true friends or someone who will listen.

So, what better way to counteract it than to send one another our own messages of love, just randomly and without questions or conditions? I don't even know if anyone on ALL has already started a board/thread like this one, but it's just an idea that I wanted to share.

You can direct your message towards a particular person or just put it out there for everyone. I'll begin:

~*~*~

Hello, friend.

Even though I don't have very much to say, I am glad to know you in some form. Not just glad, actually -- more like proud. People don't always know how loving and wonderful you are, but I do. You have so much in your heart to offer, and you have come here looking to share it.

So, I am grateful for whatever you have to give. And, at the same time, allow me to send handfuls of love your way as well. I have to reiterate it -- you are truly and undoubtedly amazing. No one should doubt it for a moment. You are full of goodness, and I want to know that there are so many people here that can welcome you and embrace you with open arms whenever you need us (including me). Right now, I'm giving you the warmest, most comforting bear-hug I can manage.

Always keep whatever hope you have. Please do me the honor of accepting my smile and my message of unconditional love. Perhaps we may not have met each other yet, but that's exactly the point. No matter what, I want you to feel the love that I feel right now. Thank you again for agreeing to be the great friend you always have the capacity to be.

My best thoughts and prayers, ~Red914~

I want to thank you for being so thoughtful and caring. Your words have helped me through some tough times. You always seem to know just the right things to say. And you have been there as a virtual shoulder to cry on. You deserve the best, and my heart goes out to you. With love, me.

Hey there, friend. I know it's been a while; I just started a new semester about a month ago.

I am so glad I could be here for you in some capacity and improve your day. And thank you so much for the kind words. It really helps me through a lot. I'll be here when I can as well. Thanks, and my best goes out to you as always.

Garbageman said:
I want to thank you for being so thoughtful and caring. Your words have helped me through some tough times. You always seem to know just the right things to say. And you have been there as a virtual shoulder to cry on. You deserve the best, and my heart goes out to you. With love, me.

Latest posts

Back