OkCupid has finally broken me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theglasscell

Reaction score
It finally happened last night, online dating has taken away the last tiny shred of confidence I had.

It's taken my will to live.

I am officially dead inside.

If there are any zombie hunters reading this, please come kill me and put me out of my misery.

:(

That site is a piece of honeysuckle, and a joke at best. My advice would be to not even take it seriously.

I tried a couple of those dating sites... even met a couple of ladies.. ( And I use that term loosely) ...

And I know why they are so desperate themselves.... One I wasn't quite sure was always a woman, but maybe a genetic experiment, gone HORRIBLY WRONG !! Or a new un discovered species !! Hell I don't know what I saw. ???

I won't do that again !!... So glasscell... mark it up as a learning experience, and try something different. And learn how to laugh at yourself too.... it really helps !!

I just don't know of any other way of meeting people as far as dating goes.

I can't really go out to bars because I don't drink, and the only time I've gotten dates since I've been divorced was off online sites, although it's never worked out well.

I guess it's just I know if you aren't putting out some effort somehow you aren't going to meet someone.

And it seems like a ton of girls meet and date guys using that site, some of them even list their numerous experiences in their profiles. I live in NYC too, where I pass thousands of women every day just commuting to work, probably even more than that.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

I guess it was just a fluke when I met my ex-wife and I was 20 then, it's so different at 33.

The other day I met my friend's new girlfriend and he told me that after I left she was going on about how handsome and funny I was. But then instead of taking it as a compliment it made me sad because I was like well if I am either handsome or funny it seems wasted since nobody will date me.

Plus I have been getting so depressed over it the last month that I was doing a poor job at work and yesterday it all just piled up because of the dating failure and then coming in to work with three complaints filed against me, I really did just feel totally broken mentally.

I know people deal with real issues that are more serious but I guess the loneliness and feeling of rejection just wears on you sometimes.

OH man I can relate to that... I know exactly where you are coming from...

But remember man... those stories you read on those sites... and shallow people meeting other shallow people, and if they are still on the dating site then they really didn't meet anyone they wanted to be with... did they ?

It's just really, really, really hard out there... this site would exist if I was lying ... We are all having a hard time.. so It's not you man. You just have taste. But yes it does hurt, it does ware on you, it does SUCK BIG TIME.
But time tells the whole story... Those people that even hit it off... Only have a 40% chance of staying together very long... you know ?

So think about all the heart ache you are being saved from.... You Know Lindsay Lohan looks hot.... but look what you would get !! You got to be FREAKING kidding me !!

And you got to remember... there are so many women out there that have been beaten, cheated on, treated like crap, and even whored out to other guys by there guy's..... Women are scared to death to get into relationships anymore.... Allot of them even call themselves Asexual now....

So it's not you man... we live in a screwed up world, and people have been screwed over so much... They don't trust anyone... it's as simple as that.

Just a stupid dating site, it doesn't mean anything... Your real value can't be expressed on a monitor screen. Don't let it bring you down.

don't waste your time with online dating !

Yeah you guys are right. I mean maybe it works for some people, you hear about people meeting their spouses on those sites, but I might just be too odd or something.

It's not easy being single and bad with girls.

The vending machine guy where I work is always talking about Plenty of Fish and how girls start stalking him on there and won't leave him alone.

Maybe he is really hot or something.

I had even worse luck on Plenty of Fish. At least on OkCupid I could get messages and talk to people, on the other one it's just a total waste of time.

I'm supposed to go out with a girl on September 8th. She wanted to set the date before she went on vacation. She seems really great online and with texting but who knows?

Otherwise I deleted my account today.

I just don't feel like stressing out over it.

I just get reminded of dating a lot because I am in AA and a lot of people talk about how they have to avoid getting in relationships or hooking up and I'm like you have to avoid that stuff? I don't even know how to get that when I am trying.

I got 9 girls I am talking with on Ok Cupid and 13 now on POF. I find it almost amazing considering how when I lived in California and I made an account on those sites years ago I couldn't get 1 **** person to message me.

Trust me Ok Cupid and POF the women on there aren't going to be supermodels. A lot of single mothers, women in relationships, and women with no sense of diredction in there life.

mmm, that vending machine guy sounds too good to be true... just saying

Mike510 said:
Trust me Ok Cupid and POF the women on there aren't going to be supermodels. A lot of single mothers, women in relationships, and women with no sense of diredction in there life.

Yeah and there aren't any guys on those sites that fit the same profile. We are not going down this road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back