complete loser

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I'm turning 43 I live in my parents basement, I've never had a girlfriend, I clean for a living, I'm very socially awkward, I avoid any social gatherings. I have 1 friend, and I thank God for that. :) I've been in the darkest valleys possible, suicide attempts ect. Medication hasn't helped, I will not give up!!

Hey 0000, welcome to the forum. It's nice to see that despite all that you've been through and the current situation you're in, you're still able to smile and be grateful for things. And that you're not giving up. That's the spirit! It's motivating. Hope you'll find some new friends to talk to here, lots of great peeps.

Don't worry about living in your parent's basement. It happens to the best of us.

It took me a while to get back out on my own again after I had to move back home as an adult.

Cleaning for a living is fine, having a job and doing honest work is what matters.

Have you tried CBT therapy? That worked wonders for me, I'm still not always in a good place but I'm working towards having the life I would be happier with.

I clean for a living also and work the graveyard shift, have been doing it for five years.

I was married when I was younger and had some short term relationships that ended horribly and I was a bad alcoholic and in and out of jail for years.

I can relate to feeling like a loser, I find women and dating a mystery at this point.

If you ever need anyone to talk to you can write me any time.

Hi there and welcome :)

I think your attitude is fantastic, focus on the good things, and cherish your friend :). I sometimes wish I could still live with my Parent's, and cleaning for a job is good :).

I hope you find what you are looking for here, it is a lovely place, with lovely people :).

Welcome. You've found a good place. I have to agree with the others cleaning for a living is honest work and honest work is something to be proud of. Many years ago as an adult I had to move back home for a time. It happens to alot of people. Your attitude seems great too- never giving up.

Hey welcome 0000,
I agree about cleaning, just imagine what the world would be like if no one cleaned, yikes! My sister has done various types of cleaning for many years, I worked with her for a while, although if you ask her I was working for her, not with her. :)
I am glad you have a friend, and that you are not giving up. There is not necessarily anything wrong about living with your parents, in many cases it is just what makes the most sense, and can be mutually beneficial to everyone. Nothing to be shamed of if it is an option that works. Again welcome.

Hi,welcome.
From what you said in your intro, i dont see why you may be a loser.

A loser is someone like Chris Brown, he may be rich and famous but he beats women and has no remorse over it.

Or a guy like Michael Vick, he's a famous NFL player, and filthy rich, but he tortured tons of dogs to death.

Those are two big losers.

That's the kind of thing that makes you a loser.

Struggling with life and being lonely doesn't.

Hey, man! A kindred spirit. I know I should start my own intro thread, but meh...Your story is so close to mine it's scary. I just recently turned 43, I currently live alone in my grandpa's old house, but as soon as my folks can sell it I'll be back living with them. I've never had a girlfriend (never even kissed a girl or held a girl's hand), and I clean office buildings for a living (the only work I can do, since it lets me work alone and at night). You've at least got me beat in one area, you have 1 friend. I've had two friends in my life since being an "adult," but I eventually just stopped hanging out with them and ended up losing touch because I didn't feel worthy of their friendship. I'd love to get back in touch with them, but they've both gotten married and have families, and I'd feel like I was intruding in their lives and bringing them down. Plus I'd be too ashamed to face them after the way I treated them. I only go out to the store and such at night before or after work when there aren't many people out and about. I have some very obvious and embarrassing physical features that prevent me from feeling comfortable going out at any other time. In the past I've caught people pointing and snickering at me and have had a few people laugh to my face. I even had one woman take a pic of me with her cell phone (as she and her friends laughed) at dinner once back when I used to go to restaurants. I think my basic attitude toward most people nowadays can be voiced best by a few lines from a Front Line Assembly song:

To Hell with humanity
The more I see the less I believe
Inundated with this hate I feel
Echoing sounds of despondency

At least we both now know that we're not alone, for whatever that's worth.

Latest posts

Back