death

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right forum.

Anyone ever think about death? Like asking God to take them?

Last night at my work, a co worker came in. And started talking crazy talk. She was telling us that she was hoping last night would have been her night to go. She says she prays to God that he would take her. She's claiming she won't make it till she's 65. Than she goes on saying, "I'm ready to go home". My team lead was telling her it can't be that bad....After hearing my co worker talking she sort of freak me out. She's really into death and spirit s. She enjoys cleaning the hospital mourge. Which I get freak out when I have to clean it.

Some people believe in an afterlife so blindly that they're willing to take their own life in order to "get there". Personally I think that you should try and make the most of the life you have now, nothing's a certainty.

There have been occasions where I've been so depressed that I've prayed to God to take me. Only thing is, I wasn't thinking about the pain it would cause for the loved ones I left behind. How would they feel?

I haven't really told anyone this but yeah I have thought of that on several occasions. Especially on those bad days I just wish I'd go to bed and not wake up. Then some days I'm glad I do.

I have had times where I have prayed, wished or asked to die. But I am forever grateful that my requests have never been met. I am so thankful I am still here, and do my best to make the most of my life and enjoy as much of it as I can. Anytime I am having a rough time and start to think I would just like to be done, I remind myself how every time after I have gotten through whatever I am dealing with, I have always been so grateful to still be here.

I did before, actually. But it was nonsense. I'm glad I got out of that state of mind.

I had more than a dozen suicide attempts--not ones for attention. I wouldn't tell a sole and I would get a bottle of vodka and wash down every prescription pill I take until I passed out. I was in a coma many times. Now I won't do it because I believe in God, and I have the fear of going to hell. In addition to that, I feel that with all the blessings God has given me, it would be terrible to do that. There is one major thing that I have to add...The people I leave behind would be devastated, whether I believe it or not at the time.

Two years ago, I stopped praying to God for Him to take me while I was sleeping. Now sometimes when things are really bad, I just don't care if I wake up the next day.

I do, however, continue to fight everything that makes me feel this way, and so far I am winning.

It is not worth it. Please if nothing else, think of what I said about the people that you leave behind. There may be only one person in your life or many. You may think none care about you. I assure you that you are cared about by someone, and to destroy that person by the pain it would cause if you took your life, would be DOWNRIGHT SELFISH!!!

I am sorry if I went off the subject of the thread or I sound like I was preaching. I try never to do that. However, I JUST DID!!!!

WishingWell said:
I had more than a dozen suicide attempts--not ones for attention. I wouldn't tell a sole and I would get a bottle of vodka and wash down every prescription pill I take until I passed out. I was in a coma many times. Now I won't do it because I believe in God, and I have the fear of going to hell. In addition to that, I feel that with all the blessings God has given me, it would be terrible to do that. There is one major thing that I have to add...The people I leave behind would be devastated, whether I believe it or not at the time.

Two years ago, I stopped praying to God for Him to take me while I was sleeping. Now sometimes when things are really bad, I just don't care if I wake up the next day.

I do, however, continue to fight everything that makes me feel this way, and so far I am winning.

It is not worth it. Please if nothing else, think of what I said about the people that you leave behind. There may be only one person in your life or many. You may think none care about you. I assure you that you are cared about by someone, and to destroy that person by the pain it would cause if you took your life, would be DOWNRIGHT SELFISH!!!

I am sorry if I went off the subject of the thread or I sound like I was preaching. I try never to do that. However, I JUST DID!!!!
Listen to this woman. She is one smart person.

LoneKiller said:
WishingWell said:

Thank you, LoneKiller. After all the years I spent choosing the wrong things to do and wrong people to be with, making decisions without thinking things through, and not a single thought about anyone but myself, I have learned a lot. I actually like the person I am today. I don't get angry easily, I look at other's situations with an open mind, and don't judge people. I, also, try my hardest to help anyone who is in need of emotional support, if I am able to do so. It took me long enough, but I can honestly say that when my life ends, people will know that I wasn't a failure and a disappointment like I was when I was younger.

LoneKiller said:
WishingWell said:

And inspirational too.

ladyforsaken said:
LoneKiller said:
WishingWell said:

And inspirational too.
Not to mention one of the magnitude of faith she has. She's been through Hell and back and still never gave up on God. I respect that tremendously. Especially in a world with so much negativity and pain.

I've survived two suicide attempts. I prayed for death right before the first one. The second one was a little more spontaneous.

I wasn't leaving anyone behind who cared if I died, and I didn't have much to live for either time. I was half-crazy from pain and grief during the first attempt, and the second attempt was just me being a coward. Life is worth living, even when it's difficult. You never know when things might get better.

Locke said:
Life is worth living, even when it's difficult.

Especially when it's difficult. You're not learning anything if nothing challanging is happening.

Every day at some point or another I wish I could die, and I ask God to take me. If I had loved ones, I wouldn't be feeling this way, but as I have no family my death would not have an impact on anyone else, so it isn't selfish for me to wish to go. When I say that my death would have no impact on anyone else, this is the truth and is not depression talking.

Although I can understand why, it sticks in my craw when people say that committing suicide is cowardly. I know from experience that when most people make a genuine attempt to kill themselves it's usually the result of desperation.

If you are a child who is bullied at school and abused by your parents, the very people you need to live on a daily basis, and nothing is done about it regardless of all the things you've tried to do stop it fail, sometimes the thought death is your only real comfort.

Other than a particular person's faith, we ultimately do not know what awaits us after death. When I made an attempt. A real attempt. I was filled with so much horror that couldn't believe it. I've never been so scared as I was that night. I wasn't sure how God was going to react.

Do you see what I'm saying here guys? It's not an act of cowardice. Legitimate attempts are brought on by desperation. I'm not talking about the ones who go around every day telling people that they're going to kill themselves, calling people up drunk and telling the person on the phone that they have a gun on their lap and are going to use it, when they know the person on the phone can't do a Goddamn thing to stop it. I'm not talking about that honeysuckle.

I'm talking about the one that goes through each day constantly biting their nails, have dark circles under their eyes and barely look at someone's face when they are talking. A person who is so embarrassed, hopeless, and reluctant to confide in someone because the bulk of people who never have experienced their pain say that these people who kill themselves are cowards.

Walk a mile in that poor soul's shoes then come and talk to me about what cowardice truly is.

^ I don't know if that was directed at me or not LK, but since I am the only one who said the word 'coward' I have to assume that it was.

I didn't say suicide for other people was cowardly. I said that I was being a coward. I can't believe I'm being lectured after I shared something so painful and personal here. It would have been nice had you asked why I felt the way I did, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Locke said:
^ I don't know if that was directed at me or not LK, but since I am the only one who said the word 'coward' I have to assume that it was.

I think it was directed at me, since i tried to raise the importance of learning from rough times. I also did not in any way mean that people who attempt suicide are cowards, though.

Locke said:

I didn't say suicide was cowardly. I said that I was being a coward. I can't believe I'm being lectured after I shared something so painful and personal here. It would have been nice had you asked why I felt the way I did, instead of jumping to conclusions.
Man I'm glad you replied. It is also a sensitive issue for me too. I just plain lost my cool. I don't believe that suicide is cowardly. It angers me when I hear it. My anger got the best of me which caused me to lash out without taking into account just how sensitive it was for others. I am so sorry Locke for not taking into account your feelings and other member's as well. I do hope that you can forgive me.:(

It's okay. I should have made it clear that I was only talking about my life. It's a difficult subject, and I didn't write as much as I should have. Suicide was a cowardly choice for me because I could have improved my life, but I was too afraid to try.

Latest posts

Back