Not as good as you think?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Einsam

So, I was thinking that maybe the reason we don't like to go out/interact with people is because we're disappointed in the way they respond to us. I mean.... we think we're better than they think we are. So, if we think we're hot and then go out and no one looks at us, we feel totally crushed. Well, that's a theory (that applies to me :/). What do you think?

For me it is not because don't value me as highly as i think they should. It is something that starts even before they have any chance to try to assign any value.

That is an interesting theory, I know this women near where I live and every time we walk passed one another I always say HI or A-up and she always totally just blanks me. Like am not even there. Now she is quit a few years older then me so I don't think there is anyway that she would think am trying to get with her. As well to not sound to big headed she would have nothing to offer me lol But ye for a long time I use to think maybe I had done something to upset her. Then one day I thought about it and realized that I had done nothing. So I decided to blank her. This is after 5 years BTW and then would you know it she said hallo to me. I really should not have said anything as I think she is pig ignorant but me being me I can not be like that so said Hallo back.

I have no idea why she is like that. Maybe she just likes testing ppl are maybe she don't like to talk to ppl in tell she gets to know them a bit. I don't know. But ppl are weird and you have to not let ppl like that get to you. She got to me a little as when she fist did it I was only in my new home for a week so really wonted to get on with the ppl around me. Now it would not bother me as I been here for a few years and know its just her. any way I always seem to start rambling on so all say bye for now.

well yeah if you go out with high expectations your surely to be shot down. if you say hi to someone random then dont expect a response and act like your not expecting one, its not going to affect you one bit if they snob you, you atleast feel like your a nice person and thats all that should matter.

also, about other peoples responses, they may not be showing how there actually feeling. if you saw a hot girl walk past you and your a shy person, you may try and aviod her to save you the uncomfortable feeling, they may be doing the same to you. also alot of people are reserved and dont show there emotions to new people, iv had someone like me and totally acted like she didnt even want to know me. comminication errors with body language is quite common.

that could be true... recently i've got to thinking that all my life i've been so introverted with people that they've probably thought i was being aloof. sometime if someone is speaking to me i'm so scared of messing it up that i just want it to be over, and it really hurts me to think i've driven people away like that. god, i can be so pathetic! lol

I'm just generally disappointed in people
the way most of us act is embarrassing were practically killing ourselves for being so smart we act so stupid.

Latest posts

Back