2 Extremely Annoying Problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I was surfing when the Windows Update popped up on the bottom right of the screen letting me know that in 10min. time it will restart to add the new updates. I just clicked the restart option manually. After it was all done configuring and stuff, my desktop appeared as normal, but a window popped up again letting me know there were updates available.

I checked these updates that were available. There was 1 important one and 7 optional. One of these is having Bing on your desktop. I downloaded these optional updates and that seems to be when the problems in the screenshot below started. I "Googled" on how to remove Bing from desktop and it was seemingly successful. Now it's back.

EDIT: FIXED THE BING ISSUE.

As for the Catalyst problem, I have no idea how to fix it. I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome in case it matters. Any help would be great.

Thanks for viewing.:)

CATALYST_zps22136d3f.png

I have never chosen the optional updates, only the recommended. But I bet if you just do a system restore but to the last back-up... It will take care of it.

Then you will have to do the up date again, but only do the recommended.

Reboot.

And ignore that pop up, it will go away

Alienated said:
I have never chosen the optional updates, only the recommended. But I bet if you just do a system restore but to the last back-up... It will take care of it.

Then you will have to do the up date again, but only do the recommended.

Reboot.

And ignore that pop up, it will go away
Hey Alienated.

By last "Back-Up" you mean last restore point?

I always wait for 9006 to reply to these sort of issues. He knows a lot of computer stuff like that!

ladyforsaken said:
I always wait for 9006 to reply to these sort of issues. He knows a lot of computer stuff like that!
For the insane amount of questions I post in here and all of the help I get I'm surprised nobody is sending me a tech bill! lol

LoneKiller said:
ladyforsaken said:
For the insane amount of questions I post in here and all of the help I get I'm surprised nobody is sending me a tech bill! lol

Lmao. Mike should start charging his responses in your threads then. You're giving him ideas!

Alienated said:
So I take it the restore worked ? Lonekiller
Hey Alienated. Whaaaaat's happenin'?

I did a system restore. After the restart, the window came up again. I thought it might be a driver issue so I used my Driver Reviver, but to no avail. Out of curiosity I checked to see what items I have installed. Catalyst doesn't appear to be there. I was sure it was there, but not now.

Not seeing it there, I figured I must have accidentally deleted it. I went to the Catalyst site and downloaded what's called a Catalyst Suite. During installation my computer crashed causing me to use the startup repair. It's fixed now. I decided not to mess around with it anymore.

Below is a screenshot that I used from my REVO point of view so that you can read the small print better. It's all of the stuff I have installed on my computer.

Am I missing any key programs or anything here? Is there any I should add to improve my computer's performance? My computer specs are below the screenshot. They certainly aren't anything special. lol

REVO_zps2004cfbf.png

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...t.jsp?prodSeriesId=5187034&objectID=c03412349

Catalyst Control Center (or CCC) is just software that comes ATI video cards with many preferences for your card, you don't need this installed really, it's mainly for gamers who wanna tune their graphics. I'm guessing Windows installed it when you done an update.

Since you restored your computer it's not going to be there since Windows creates another restore point before it installs updates, but really you could have either uninstalled CCC or just disabled it from the system run.

9006 said:
Catalyst Control Center (or CCC) is just software that comes ATI video cards with many preferences for your card, you don't need this installed really, it's mainly for gamers who wanna tune their graphics. I'm guessing Windows installed it when you done an update.

Since you restored your computer it's not going to be there since Windows creates another restore point before it installs updates, but really you could have either uninstalled CCC or just disabled it from the system run.
What a relief! Thank you Mike. Thank you all.

I see a major problem: Bing.

Also, as much as I personally like Chrome, I suggest not using it. Major security holes.

What I'd suggest is that you update the Catalyst Control Center.

This usually has to do with ATI graphics software, which is essential for your computer to display and function properly. My guess is, if you game a lot, you have conflicting software, and both are battling to see which one will win.

Update your graphics software, and the problem will go away. It's tied to that, not to a virus. This is essential software for Windows computers.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
This usually has to do with ATI graphics software, which is essential for your computer to display and function properly. My guess is, if you game a lot, you have conflicting software, and both are battling to see which one will win.

Haha, what?? It's an optional piece of software, only useful if you're really into graphics tweaking or have other monitors installed as this provides additional configurations.

Latest posts

Back