Attractive woman... who smokes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDude76

Reaction score
Hi,

So, there's this woman at work. I find her to be positively attractive. That being said, she's a smoker. I'm an ex-smoker, in no danger of starting again. I really want to ask this woman out, but wouldn't want a long term commitment with someone who smokes. My question is this: should I refrain from talking to her, or should I, like Der Steppenwolf, throw caution to the wind, seize the day, and just enjoy life?

I'm not a fan of ppl who smoke. But in my mind it's small potatoes compared to the big picture.

I personally wouldn't worry about it till later. You haven't even talked to her yet. Who knows if your personalities even click, or she is even interested in you. You've struck out before you even took an at bat.

I say just go for it, and see what happens. Maybe she is planning on quitting for all you know. Let us know how you get on if you do try :)

As you are in no danger of starting to smoke again, I would ask her out if I were you.

Talking to her or even going out for lunch or something isn't a lifetime committment. And, even if you don't find her to be romantic material you might make a new friend. Why not? However, if smoking that is something that is truly a deal breaker for you, then i would not pursue her romantically. She is who she is. You either decide to accept her for who she is or not. Maybe she will quit someday or maybe not but you can't go into trying to change this one flaw.

Get this - I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. Know who I'm dating? A smoker. However, he smokes OUTSIDE the house, for a few reasons. I always told myself I would never date a smoker. And here I am, dating one! :)

TheDude76 said:
:) I always thought 80's acid wash jeans made you look cool.

Ahhhhhh with rips to the knees and smiley faces on your doc martins. Totally.

I shouldn't say it but I think my boyfriend looks sexy when he smokes. I know, I know...

annik said:
I shouldn't say it but I think my boyfriend looks sexy when he smokes. I know, I know...

I think that a vital contribution to the thread. My general sexiness. :cool:

Since this just turned into an 80's thread, let me add a little to it before it gets back on topic.
Acid washed Levi's
Cherry red Doc Martens
Panama Jack tee shirt
Purple Members Only jacket
My trusty Swatch watch
:D

Latest posts

Back