Delete All My Posts + Account

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lost Soul

Can a mod or admin please delete all my posts and my user account?

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

I don't think your posts can be deleted, your name will just be black text with no link to your account at your old posts.
It's why I don't get why people delete their accounts, just stop coming to the forum if you don't feel like it, that way you don't need to make a new account in the event you DO come back at some point in the future (which I've seen happen a few times)

You need to PM either Minus or me and follow our instructions to get your account deleted, that won't delete your posts but just de-register your account.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yeah, I think your posts are permanent.

They're not permanent, but they're not typically removed just because an account is deactivated. That's probably a general rule for most forums. It takes a special case, or sometimes certain posts are deleted.

I just reported a couple of my own posts, and asked them to be removed. If all the posts can't be removed at once, then at least a few.

I've admined a few forums before, and in the control panel, there was an option to remove user and also remove all their posts. I don't know if this forum would have that.

EDIT: Like this:
View attachment 8

Attachments

• Remove All Posts.png
    Remove All Posts.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 9
We don't normally remove users posts. If we did that EVERYONE would start expecting us to remove posts and we just don't have the time for that. We are real people who have lives who are also members, we spend our free time moderating the forum and don't have time to be deleting all the posts people want deleted. Not machines who are here to grant everyone's requests that come through.

And the report function is NOT to be used to request posts to be deleted. It is used ONLY for posts that violate the terms and use of the forum.

The other problem with removing posts is that it renders any thread you participated in incomprehensible. I operate on a "don't post anything you're not willing to live with forever" policy.

Sigma said:
I don't think your posts can be deleted, your name will just be black text with no link to your account at your old posts.
It's why I don't get why people delete their accounts, just stop coming to the forum if you don't feel like it, that way you don't need to make a new account in the event you DO come back at some point in the future (which I've seen happen a few times)

:shy:

Cavey said:
The other problem with removing posts is that it renders any thread you participated in incomprehensible.

I have a strange buried in there somewhere. For a full page it looks like i am talking to myself because all of the other person's posts had been deleted.

Cavey said:
I operate on a "don't post anything you're not willing to live with forever" policy.

Good idea. Think about whether you really want this anonymous comment out there. You should also be aware that even if it is deleted here it is still archived out there.

Cavey said:
The other problem with removing posts is that it renders any thread you participated in incomprehensible. I operate on a "don't post anything you're not willing to live with forever" policy.

I operate a "don't give a honeysuckle" policy where I don't dwell on anything like that, you should try that one, it's great.

9006 said:
Cavey said:

I operate a "don't give a honeysuckle" policy where I don't dwell on anything like that, you should try that one, it's great.

I approve, saying things without thinking or giving a honeysuckle creates much entertainment for the other people around.

I have a terrible feeling that farts vibrate, and that my exploding farts are a weapon of mass destruction.

Oh, sorry, just didn't think. I like popcorn. :)

-Sai- said:
Sigma said:

:shy:

LOL I see what you did there. ;)

Alienated said:
What I say here is the only evidence I ever existed, and will be my only mark on Earth. Good or bad as it may be, I am but a faceless voice in the dark.

Man I really really wish you'd stop feeling like this, it simply can't be the truth in the end. Somehow it just can't be. Things have to change.

Alienated said:
What I say here is the only evidence I ever existed, and will be my only mark on Earth. Good or bad as it may be, I am but a faceless voice in the dark.

You're too hard on yourself, dude.

I'm hard on myself as well, but I'm sure there are people out there who care about you.

Latest posts

Back