my uneventful depressing day today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
Hey I just have to vent right now because I am getting really upset. today I went to my accounting class at 9:20 and no one talked to me. At 10:30 I ate a toblerone-- I eat a lot of chocolate to prevent depression. At 11:30 I went to accounting office hours to get help before the final. When I got back I checked updown.com in the hopes I would win the 2,500 prize money for investing. Im ranked 1850 out of 10,000. Then I ate a whole sub, muttered thanks and returned to my room. Around 4 pm I eagerly answered my phone, but I was just my friend Jerome who only calls when he wants someone like answers to an exam in this case. Finally, at 6 pm I went to a little[size=x-large] dinner for my arabic class which was supposed to be a social event. I went hoping someone would talk to me. However, after an hour I pulled out note cards to study so I wouldn't stare at anyone (since of course no one talked to me). That was my day-- no one talks to me except my roommate who is also a social misfit. I'm 20 yr. old male supposedly good looking but it doesnt help. [/color][/size] SAYING ANYTHING WOULD BE APPRECIATED LOL

Yea I'm in college too and I can go days without saying anything to anyone or anyone saying anything to me even my roommate doesn't talk to me he just pretends to not hear me when I talk to him, so I know what you mean... College can be really isolating and make you feel like your all alone

Hope things get better for you, will the semester be ending soon? Maybe you won't have to deal with the isolation for too much longer?

We all look and act different. You might simply be a person who looks and/or acts as if You're not interested in talking or listening to someone else. In that case You got to speak up. I suppose You're somewhat depressed, are You? Being sad in general can turn You into a completely different person than You "used to" be and unconsciously make You seem like a rather stern and serious guy. If people don't talk to You it doesn't have to mean anything else than what i've written above, and in many cases it is! I myself are a person who others very easily gets fond of for some reason, and You bet that was a turn-around when i finally got out of my depression about four years ago and started showing off my positive side instead! If You like people, they'll like You. If You don't like 'em, why would they be interested i talking to You? And even more importantly; if You don't like Yourself, You've got some serious thinking to do.

We are as most interesting and social when we are ourselves and act natural. The more crap You've got in Your head from, for example, Your childhood, the more thoughts will have to be processed before You can be that natural person. That can also mean that the person who is You (that natural guy or girl) is a person who generally is uninteresting to others even if You don't understand why.

Upbringings can do that to us, and that's why i often refer to changing Yourself as one of the major solutions in some cases; because some aren't themselves regardless of how much they think they are and should try to change their personalities back to who they used to be before the traumas of their upbringing kicked in; their NATURAL selves. The world sure won't change...

By the way, why did someone have to talk to You in that class? Weren't there any other there who didn't get to talk to anyone? Were there an uneven amount of people there while You were supposed to talk in even groups?

Its terrible that nobody talks to u man. NOBODY deserves to spend a day like that!

On the other hand you could try talking to other ppl. I know its easier said than done, especially for shy people. But try it, and if ppl just dont seem interested in talking, well to hell with them all. Ull find ppl who wanna be ur friends and want to talk to u other than to exchange answers. But the thing is that you HAVE TO STAY POSITIVE. The more u stay positive, the more likely it becomes that u will meet somebody nice. I know that sometimes ur in an environment where ppl dont really talk or connect with each other, but the more u do, the more ull find out why and a way around it.

U could also observe other ppl and see what theyre talking about , it often helps to see what ppl around u are interested in. If u feel that ppl are just ignoring you for some reason, well to hell with them!!! Find some other ppl to talk to!

I know its easy to sulk and brood all the time about a problem like this, trust me ive been there alot of times, but being optimistic never really hurts. I often think of this as a temporary stage in my life which sorta makes me independent and stronger and i think soon this will be over.

Just keep ur mindset like that and ull eventually get out of this trap. :)

Story of my life...right now I'm still living in my college apartment although most people have gone home for the summer. My roommates were the only ones who I talked to, and now they're gone.

NeverMore said:
Yea I'm in college too and I can go days without saying anything to anyone or anyone saying anything to me even my roommate doesn't talk to me he just pretends to not hear me when I talk to him, so I know what you mean... College can be really isolating and make you feel like your all alone

Hope things get better for you, will the semester be ending soon? Maybe you won't have to deal with the isolation for too much longer?

yea it ends May 14 thank God

Robin said:
We all look and act different. You might simply be a person who looks and/or acts as if You're not interested in talking or listening to someone else. In that case You got to speak up. I suppose You're somewhat depressed, are You? Being sad in general can turn You into a completely different person than You "used to" be and unconsciously make You seem like a rather stern and serious guy. If people don't talk to You it doesn't have to mean anything else than what i've written above, and in many cases it is! I myself are a person who others very easily gets fond of for some reason, and You bet that was a turn-around when i finally got out of my depression about four years ago and started showing off my positive side instead! If You like people, they'll like You. If You don't like 'em, why would they be interested i talking to You? And even more importantly; if You don't like Yourself, You've got some serious thinking to do.

We are as most interesting and social when we are ourselves and act natural. The more crap You've got in Your head from, for example, Your childhood, the more thoughts will have to be processed before You can be that natural person. That can also mean that the person who is You (that natural guy or girl) is a person who generally is uninteresting to others even if You don't understand why.

Upbringings can do that to us, and that's why i often refer to changing Yourself as one of the major solutions in some cases; because some aren't themselves regardless of how much they think they are and should try to change their personalities back to who they used to be before the traumas of their upbringing kicked in; their NATURAL selves. The world sure won't change...

By the way, why did someone have to talk to You in that class? Weren't there any other there who didn't get to talk to anyone? Were there an uneven amount of people there while You were supposed to talk in even groups?

well the thing is I know him from a religious club but he only calls if he wants answers or to play basketball

You play basketball? That's fun right? It's a team sport too. Couldn't you try to build a network out of that? Not saying it would be easy but when I look at people playing sports like that I always see a great deal of banter and camaraderie. Not bad stuff if you ask me.

Also: Social Misfit + Social Misfit = ??? I wouldn't write someone off just because they're a bit weird, it's what other people do to us all the time.

I was a college student too, garduated 2004. If there is one thing I know it's that no one will go out of their way really to talk to you... YOU have to go and introduce yourself to them! If your looking for people to fall into your lap, it's not going to happen...
With how much you eat it sounds like you should be hitting the gym as well, another good place to make some casual acquaintaces, if not some good ones, and heaven forbid maybe a friend. If you want any more of my advice feel free to message me...

Redwood

I never had any problems at school as for friendship goes, it was when I moved away from the family home and lived by myself, that's when my loneliness really started to set in.

i find that class isnt really the best place for social interaction (highschool, *maybe*, but college, NOOoooOO).

I feel your pain, but have you made an effort to talk to people? Just wondering. Sometimes it helps when you get involved in conversations - people notice you more.

I know how you feel, over in New Zealand we have what is called Polytechs these are schools much the same as college. My time there was absolutely horrible, no one to talk to. I remember breaking down crying in the libary as it hurt that much. I

It looks like you're always quiet and I can understand why. Sometimes you think you don't have anything to say, or you're shy, or you don't feel like you fit in. I'm the same. But try to speak out once in awhile, no one will come to you if you don't try. =/ People want to be with people who talk to them, just like you, you need to give and you will get what you want back.

Latest posts

Back