Just wanted to introduce myself!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksmith205

Reaction score
Hello all. I found this site while looking for things to do and people to meet who are alone/single/30-something and maybe share some similar interests. I didn't realize the amount of those who are alone and feel alienated were so vast.

Anyhow, I'm weird. Really there isn't any other word to describe me. I make medieval armor & weapons from scratch as a hobby (hence the username blacksmith205), I fence (mainly 2 handed long sword), I make furniture, jewelry, I write, enjoy shooting and hunting, camping, off road cycling, I paint, play the guitar (mainly blues and rock), I'm a pretty good cook, I'm a history buff, math nerd, I love the desert and summer. I own a home, have a great job (blue collar but I love it)... I'm successful! But alone.

I live alone, I go out alone, the few friends I have are all married with kids or have a significant other, so I rarely see them anymore. I'm always the 5th wheel, if any of them remember I still exist and invite me.

I've joined clubs and did online dating, speed dating, clubbing, bar hopping, church (my work schedule doesn't allow me to go like I want), etc. and all to no avail. Oh I could pick up women and get my carnal desires met, but why, when there isn't any mental or emotional connection. I know there are plenty of you on here who feel the same way.

B.S.

Wow you have quite the hobby, don't think it's weird.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the site, blacksmith205.

Welcome to the forum :)

I dont think you are weird on the basis that everyone has weirdness in them. About the lonely and having a hard time meeting someone, sometimes life is like that. I've come to realize that when it comes to meeting new people, it is most often not succesful if you are meeting them with a very clear idea of what u are looking for. You need to also consider that you cannot see the beauty of a person by a first or second or even a week of meeting them. It pays to have an open mind when it comes tomeeting strangers and not minding what they will be in your life or if they will be a part of it but just letting fate dictate if they stay as friends, partner or just a passing acquiantance. Anyway, you have a job you love and a lot of hobbies you love. You have more than enough reason tobe happy and more than enough to share to other people.
Anyway i hope u enjoy your stay here ^^

To swirlturtle: HI! *waves like an idiot* I never said I was unhappy, nor did I mention what I was looking for in others. I make no preconcived notions of what or who will happen into my life and they're relavence. I believe you made a couple of assumptions about me. That's ok. We all assume things we believe is right or probable. I know I have bouts of depression from time to time. I have difficulties dating and making friends. I'm human! The longer I'm active in this forum, the more you'll get to know me and understand me. Which I look forward to!

B.S.

Oh I didnt mean to make any assumptions. Just a reply to what you said and how you said it specially on your third lines. But yes, looking forward to knowing you and everyone here as well :)

Latest posts

Back